+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBug
    Good point, Erin. Very true.

Side Note: DJeterFan, he looks good anyway, but yes he does clean up nicely! That pic is HOT! How about you wrap him and put him under my Christmas tree this year?
    Sorry - not sharing the Jeter.

To be honest, I was listening to Christmas music on Halloween day in my car. I know, I know; I need serious help.

Since we're on the Christmas topic, perhaps we can have a quick and fun poll?
    1. Real tree or artificial?
    2. Shop early or last minute?
    3. Are you a fan of eggnog?
    4. Decorate outside AND inside of the house?
    Of course, you don't have to respond until AFTER Thanksgiving!
    !. Artificial...I'm allergic to the real ones, but they do smell wonderful
    2. Shop when I can afford to
    3. Can't stand eggnog or fruitcake
    4. Decorate a lot on the inside and have icicle lights across the front of my house and white light wrapped around the tree trunks close to the house.

I usually put the lights up outside before Thanksving when there is a nice weekend ..........BUT never turn them on till December.

My mom is 82 and can't do her decorations anymore, which means I have 2 houses to decorate inside and out so I do a little along as I have time.

Unk, I just LOVE your Scroogey cat! Very cute!
    I'm sure he'll be making an apppearance as an av along the way.

artificial - I want to buy one of those fiber optic trees. I hate messing with the lights. Plus, they are pretty.
    Mostly early, mainly because I have to do it by layaway. Layaway is nice, though. The presents are hidden at the store and the snoopy ones can't find them.
    Nope, too rich.
    Inside only. I am deathly afraid of ladders so I couldn't do lights even if I wanted to.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

*sigh!* It's too early for all of this! Not only did we get all of our Thanksgiving product delivered today at work (all the frozen stuff, which is honestly the brunt of it anyways), but we got all of our Christmas cookies and cupcakes as well. I've never ever in my life seen so much product come into a store on a single day! My poor guy that puts away Friday deliveries spent nearly 4 hours (compared to the normal half hour to an hour) trying to get it put away with some kind of order since I'll have 2 inventories before it all gets used.

I normally do the Christmas thing closer to Thanksgiving, not necessarily after, but just not the first freakin week of November! Mid-month to me is fine, but this is just a bit early.

As for the poll....
    1. I prefer a real tree, but since it's just me in a smaller upstairs apartment I've been using an artificial one that my mother bought me.
    2. I'm a MAJOR last minute shopper! All the crazies out on Christmas Eve? Yep, I'm one of em!
    3. Eggnog....oh heck yeah! MMMM MMMM MMMM!
    4. Decorate inside only here cause of the apartment living thing. Although, if I lived downstairs I'd probably do a bit more. I still put lights in the windows that you can see from the outside, but all my stuff is indoor.

libra, are the cookies already baked? They won't be very fresh for Christmas, will they?

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar

Artificial. I would like a real one for once, but my parents don't want one because it's too much money and work.

Some early, some last minute.

No. Not at all. Ew.

I love Christmas.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    artificial - It always makes me laugh how people will go mad recycling paper than kill a tree for a one week stay in their house, only to be tossed away. Talk about an environmental waste.
    Both, I usually have two mad spurts of shopping . One way too early, and the other way too late.
    3. Nope- yuck coffee- irish whiskey, schnapps and a candy cane.
    Both. Simple string of those icicle lights on the eves, Two trees inside. plus lights on the mantle, and other various themed stuff. Dog even has a Christmas collar.

Quote Originally Posted by DJeterFan
    I'm already listening to Christmas music and have watched both Christmas Vacation and Home Alone.
    I wondered if anyone else would admit to starting Christmas two months early! I love the holiday season!

Jay
    1. Real tree or artificial? Artificial. I have never had a real one.
    2. Shop early or last minute? Early. I never shop on weekends. Weekday nights are the best.
    3. Are you a fan of eggnog? Gag, no way.
    4. Decorate outside AND inside of the house? I hang blue icicle lights from the gutters.

If I may add to Charlie's poll:
    5. Favorite Chistmas special? It's a toss up between The Grinch and A Charlie Brown Christmas. The Grinch wins by a nose.
    6. Favorite movie? I love watching The Grinch (with Jim Carrey), A Christmas Vacation, Home Alone but my fave is Die Hard.
    7. Favorite song? Without question, Silent Night.

+ Reply to Thread