+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    everyone

1. Artficial...less hassle
    2. I hate shopping. I can't stand it so I won't go either day.
    3. I also don't like eggnog.
    4. My parents decorate both inside and out, so I will probably follow that tradition.

1. Artificial Tree-That way I dont get scratched when I have to go under it to drag out my snoopy kids.
    2. Both- Even when I think I am done I always find an excuse to go get something small :rolleyes
    3. No- I dont mind the taste but cant stand how thick it is.
    4. Both- Lights all around the outside and lots on the inside. I have snowmen, angels, nativity scenes, moose (yup I'm Canadian ), candles, a wreath, garland and lights, window sticker things, music boxes, etc etc. I am a sucker for the decorations and especially buy some during the boxing day sales.

1. Real tree or artificial?

Real. Also, real candles on the three, absolutely no electrical lights.

2. Shop early or last minute?

I'm a last minute shopper. I try to get presents for everyone the day before my flight leaves for Denmark.

3. Are you a fan of eggnog?

No way!

4. Decorate outside AND inside of the house?

Inside yes. Outside: maybe a wreath on the door or something like that. What about putting decorations in windows that can be seen from outdoors, does that count as outdoors?

Aw, I'm so jealous that some of your radio stations are already doing the 24-hour Christmas music thing!
    I can't believe how many people here are grinches! I admit, it's a tad early, but Christmas is my favorite holiday and I'm all ready to go. If I lived alone, I would start decorating my house but alas, the others here are not as crazy as me so I must restrain myself until after Thanksgiving.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBug
    Since we're on the Christmas topic, perhaps we can have a quick and fun poll?
    Of course, you don't have to respond until AFTER Thanksgiving!
    1) Real all the way-buy it after Thanksgiving or the first week of December; love the smell. Prefer the Fir trees for the soft needles
    2) both-Some of the best deals are to be had the week before Christmas
    3) No eggnog for me, but a hot, spicey toddy (Chompie ) does it every season for me.
    4) Inside, outside, upside down I decorate.....I have boxes and boxes...outside, it's candy cane lane with all red and white wrapped trees, lighted deer and miniature candy canes lining my sidewalk with a big wreath with red velvet and greenery on the door; inside, it explodes....my colors are gold, cream and splashes of red....everywhere. It takes me 3/4 days to put up and one to take down...how does that happen?

*sigh* I love Christmas.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

ineedalife, your house sounds like it'd be right up my alley in terms of decorations.

Real trees smell nice, but it's a pain to take care of it so I say fake.

Early as possible, but after Thanksgiving.

:phhht

The only decoration I'll have inside the apartment is my fake tree. The only way I can decorate outside is by hanging a wreath on the door, and I don't do that.

*note to self: whip out Grinch avatar after Thanksgiving *

desperately looking for posting - can't wait until after t-giving

artificial - stopped real ones after kids grew up.
    I won a $1000 fake one (mostly decorations) from a radio station several years ago, but prefer my 'memory' tree - all the ornaments through the years and homemade.
    not even sure I'll make it this year. probably last minute, but no one wants anything but cash anyhow.
    I love eggnog, but unless they get the low-carb version out - I ain't getting any this year.
    Inside, would like to outside, but DH is against it. I have to put up with his complaints all season.

1. Gotta be a real tree. I even walk around the lot smelling them to see which is most fragrant (noble fir).
    2. Shop online so I don't have to set foot in a mall, then usually spend one day downtown just to get into the spirit.
    3. Eggnog, rum balls, Russian tea cookies, sugar cookies, fudge, coconut/pecan bars
    4. Decorate inside, but if I had a house it would be outside, too.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

Gah! Why do I keep coming back to this thread? And why am I starting to get this warm, fuzzy feeling? And why do I have the urge to start listening to the one Christmas mix CD I own?

+ Reply to Thread