+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Downtown Ashland has the Christmas decor on the lightposts up...they had them installed on Oct 30th. For shame.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I'd rather see the Xmas decorations than the 3 feet of snow we were treated to here a couple of weeks ago. :santawave

It's almost all melted, but we're still freezing our asses off. I can't blame the neighbours for already putting up their Xmas lights, my husband was rummaging around in the basement yesterday looking for ours.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

yeah but AJ for you guys it's an act of self defence LOL it's really hard to put up lights when the eves are dripping with icicles and there are eye level snow banks

p.s. Erin you are in my bad books for making me sing It's begining to look a lot like Christmas

.. eeeeeeverywhere I go.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I take guitar lessons and last week, my instructor started playing "Joy to the World". I point blank stared at him and said "Could we hold off on the Christmas music until after Hallowe'en? We're not Walmart, ya know." He couldn't teach for about 5 minutes he was laughing so hard.

Our Canadian Tire had their Christmas stuff on the shelves a month ago. I'm already starting to feel that panicky feeling I get around December and it's only November the 4th! Grrrrr

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

We bought new lights last year and had my hubby put them up Thanksgiving weekend (Oct 10th) but as many have already pointed out its more of a case of do them now or have no lights later. We are guaranteed a few days of -50C with the wind every year.

Target has the most horrible music playing from the signs as you enter the store.. its horrible for the cashiers since we get to hear it ALL DAY... aye yi yi..
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

omg Jahim - I'd start stuffing my ears with cotton balls.

Don't get me wrong I love Christmas songs and carols but holy cow at least wait until there's snow on the ground and a frosty nip in the air. Too much too soon IMO
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

First, I must say, "It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas" is one of my personal favorite holiday songs. Right up there with "I'll Be Home for Christmas" . Really.

But I am frustrated that while I was shopping for Halloween candy I had to go past Christmas decorations and wrapping paper and big inflatable Santas, and, yep, CANDY :rolleyes) to get to it.

On the other hand, it just started sleeting in Upstate NY, so I guess it IS time to at least start shopping- I'm personally handmaking all my gifts this year, but need to buy material. (Oh, and before you go and start thinking I'm really crafty or something , its all no-sew)
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

I saw Christmas decorations at the drug store and actually got a knot in my stomach. What's up with that? I used to love the holidays, now I associate them with stress and traffic and airport lines and rain and 16 hours of darkness (that's in Seattle).
    Already longing for spring ...
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

On my way home last night, I noticed a house with the Christmas tree up. I told my fiancee' and he was like "You got to be kidding me " AJ where are you in Canada?? Its cold enough to snow here today, but we havent had snow yet. However it is in the forecast for a light flurry tonight.

+ Reply to Thread