+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

well.. I'll be dragging out the Christmas Decorations this weekend. I usually have a good time putting everything up - it's taking it down that's the true pain in the butt.

My favourite Christmas songs are The Carol of the Bells - choral or instrumental and Silver Bells
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    My favourite Christmas songs are The Carol of the Bells - choral or instrumental and Silver Bells
    Oh, I forgot about Carol of the Bells - not sure how I could because I LOVE that song! Have you heard Transiberian Orchestra's version of the song? I think they call it Christmas Eve/Sarajevo. It is beautiful and quite intense. Mr. Bug took me to see them in concert last year, and that song just gave me the chills.

Well, I'm finally starting to feel a little festive. I got the majority of my Christmas shopping done last night, and I've been drinking eggnog. I plan to start on Christmas cards soon to send out, so I'm slowly getting myself more entrenched in the holiday season.

I went to the TSO concert the last 2 years - something about their music just gets me into the spirit!! but, they moved it from a concert hall to a basketball/hockey place - and it just isn't the same. But I do have several of their christmas CDs. Love their music.

I can't say that I've ever heard them I think I'll be adding a CD to my wish list
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

We always put up a fake tree. When I had my son, he's 7 now, we decorated the whole tree and within a few days all we had was a tree with lights. That is now how we keep our tree. We bought a fiber optic one last year add a few more lights and a topper. That is it. Closer to Christmas I will add on candy canes. Looking forward to the day that we can buy all new decorations and really go all out. We still have too many friends that "stop" by with their 1 and 2 year olds and of course they head straight for the tree!
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

If any of you don't have a local station playing xmas music all the time, our local one does. and they have the internet streaming too. www.wlqt.com
    the option is near the bottom of the page - under lite features.
    They play TSO stuff all the time, especially now - they sponser a concert by them that will be in Dayton this Sunday.

1. Real tree or artificial?
    I like the real ones because of the pine smell, but I prefer putting up an artificial one. No mess, and I save a tree. This year, I've decided not to put up a tree, because I have a new mischievous puppy.

2. Shop early or last minute?
    I normally am a year-round shopper, but this year I started shopping the day after Thanksgiving. I'm doing good because I only have 3 more gifts to buy.

3. Are you a fan of eggnog?
    Can't really say that I've tried it. The name itself doesn't sound inviting to me.

4. Decorate outside AND inside of the house?
    I added some icicle lights outside, and hanged a Santa with sleigh wreath on the door. I have a few decorations inside too. Just enough for a Christmas look, but nothing overboard.

5. Favorite Chistmas movie?
    The Christmas Story, Frosty the Snowman (do cartoon movies count? )

6. Favorite song? I have more than one.
    O Come, All Ye Faithful, Little Drummer Boy, Silent Night, Hark, the angels sing

5. Favorite Chistmas movie?
    National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
    It's on NBC right now. I'm in tears already.

Well, after this past weekend I can say I am definitely in the Christmas spirit now. On Saturday night, hubby and I went with some friends to a small quaint city just outside of town that has a "Victorian Christmas walk" every year - very cool. They have their shoppes on main street open to do some shopping, Victorian Christmas skits going on in the windows, horse carriage rides, Christmas lights decorating the streets, apple cider gallore, carolers, etc. And then last night we went to our church's Christmas program. It's different than your typical church program, because they sell out the local concert theater for four nights and put on a huge 3 hour production with singing, dancing, drama, etc. Everyone who goes thinks it's a professional group that tours the country, but they're all people from church. It's amazing. Now I have a billion Christmas songs going through my head and I just feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :santagrin :santawink :santabear

(Grumble... now if I could just sit my butt down long enough to get out these darned Christmas cards!!! )

I'm nominating myself as the last FORTer to take down their Christmas tree. It has been a very slow process this year. The ornaments were finally all packed away on Saturday, then on Sunday the lights came off and the tree was dismantled and put away.

Any other folks out there contemplating a "Valentine Tree"?

+ Reply to Thread