+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Igotalife
    So far, there has only been a sniff here and there at the bottom of the tree with my little Frosty. Maybe, just maybe, he doesn't find it very "fun".

*fingers crossed and still counting the days until Christmas to see if my tree survives "rambo kitty"*
    You can't relax, you know. You WILL come home one day and find the cat swaying back and forth at the very top of the tree and hanging on for dear life.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

1. Real tree or artificial? I prefer real, but the condo I live in does not allow them, but I found a very real artificial tree at this boutique store, that no one can tell.

2. Shop early or last minute? I shop Christmas Eve, it's fun watching all the stressed shoppers, usually husbands and boyfriends, plus great sales.

3. Are you a fan of eggnog? Yes, but homemade only with rum, or bourbon

4. Decorate outside AND inside of the house? Inside,
    5. Favorite Christmas special? "A Charlie Brown Christmas"

6. Favorite Christmas Movie: Auntie Mame, the original version with Rosalind Russell, finally out on DVD. This movie always cheers me up especially when the servants buy Mame presents after she loses all her money.

7. Favorite song: "O Holy Night"

8. When do you put your Christmas tree up? Usually I try for Dec 12 or about two weeks before Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Igotalife
    So far, there has only been a sniff here and there at the bottom of the tree with my little Frosty. Maybe, just maybe, he doesn't find it very "fun".

*fingers crossed and still counting the days until Christmas to see if my tree survives "rambo kitty"*
    Have your kids made little Frosty her own stocking? My daughter made our new dog a stocking.....and her toy bucket is already full.....

Igotalife glad to hear that little Frosty is being a good kitty.
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

Just put the tree up this afternoon. It is a four foot tall fiber optic tree. I love not dealing with the lights. I just gave Sarah the decorations and said go. Of course it looks like it was decorated by a 6 year old, but she loves it and that is what counts.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

1. Real tree or artificial? Real
    2. Shop early or last minute? not really last minute, but I'm not even close to done yet
    3. Are you a fan of eggnog? Nope, ewwww
    4. Decorate outside AND inside of the house? Both
    5. Favorite Christmas special? Frosty
    6. Favorite Christmas Movie: The Christmas Story
    7. Favorite song: White Christmas
    8. When do you put your Christmas tree up? Normally not till mid December, but we put ours up yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    I just gave Sarah the decorations and said go. Of course it looks like it was decorated by a 6 year old, but she loves it and that is what counts.
    I love when kids decorate the tree. My two year old nephew helped decorate this year, and he hung six bulbs on one limb, then he was done. We left them there. It looks funny, but it makes me smile every time I see it.

i got my decorating done today. i just have a little fiber optic tree so it did not take long to decorate. i also put the Christmas table cloth, place mats, and napkins on the table; put my pot holders and towels up in the kitchen and decorated some in the kitchen. i put my flag and my Winnie the Pooh Christmas sign in the yard. i have some lights and some window decorations i have to find a place for, not sure what i will do with them yet.

bjb
    God grant me the serenity. To accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; And the wisdom to know the difference.

Now please keep in mind that I am a child of the 70's when people thought it was perfectly OK to use the TV as a babysitter (not that I ever do that ), but every time I read Canadian Bunny's sig line, I hear Linus' voice reciting it in "A Charlie Brown Christmas". :santagrin
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

bjb. my son is 17 months old and a little terror. Never used his playpen either, we don't even have it anymore.

We put some lights around the railing with looney tunes characters and well that lasted all of 10 minutes so...I'm not regretting not having put a tree.

I just set up the tree. It took about five minutes- one to take it out of the closet and plug it in, and four to fluff it up. It's now sitting in my living room in all its pre-lit, undecorated glory. It'll be decorated later, once I find the ornaments.

+ Reply to Thread