+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Jay
    I miss the Canadian Tire Christmas commercials and the slogan : Give like Santa, save like Scrooge.

Now that Thanksgiving is over, i am getting into the Christmas spirit. i was thinking about putting my tree up today, but i think ihave decided to wait unti next week. i did put some of my fall decorations away today though, getting into the spirit of Christmas now...

bjb
    God grant me the serenity. To accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; And the wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    oh gawd not yet!! please not yet!!

my baby brother (31) always sets up his Christmas tree on his birthday Nov 16th. I told him I don't know how you can stand it up and in the way for so long!
    Mine goes up 2nd week of December and comes down Boxing Day.
    OK, I have a lot on this topic

First, I used to work in a Christmas store.... well, Patio furniture and THEN Christmas. We set up from August until our deadline November 1. What baffled me was people coming in and shreiking "CHRISMAS? ALREADY?" Well, I can understand being horrified at Wal Mart displays, but... we WERE a CHRISTMAS store But believe me, by Halloween, Christmas music made me batty
    Anyway, this year I noticed neighbors decorated the outside of the house November 1. This I think is a bit too early. We waited until this past Saturday to decorate. :santawink
    My brother puts his very large tree up for Christmas and does not take it down until his birthday.... Feb. 6. My poor sister-in-law keeps the curtains drawn for the entire month of January she is so mortified.
    Hey, guess what I found? More smilies!
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

Something must be getting to the Grinch in me this year....I'm blaming work, cause as of Thanksgiving day our Muzak went to 24/7 Christmas songs and it warped me somehow. But anyways, as of today my tree is up and decorated and most of my gifts are bought and wrapped and sitting under it. The only thing I have left to do is hang the lights inside my windows, but I'm dreading sorting them out so they are still in a pile in the middle of the living room floor.

The true question now remains....just how long will my tree stay up and decorated before the cats turn it into their playground? They did well today with only one attempt at it, but I'm giving it a week till I'm cursing ever putting it up in the first place.

I put my decorations up this past weekend. No tree though because I just know my son will tear it down and all my beautiful decorations will break. Instead, I put lots of lights outside (which I've never done before) and decorated the windows and things around the house that he can't really get at.

Had I put up a tree, I could have had a contest with Libs to see who would last longer?

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    The true question now remains....just how long will my tree stay up and decorated before the cats turn it into their playground? They did well today with only one attempt at it, but I'm giving it a week till I'm cursing ever putting it up in the first place.
    The first Christmas after we brought home our little kitty she broke 3 bones in her foot trying to climb our artificial tree. Of course that was after she had chewed the strands of lights on the lower branches into 2' sections. :rolleyes Good luck libra!

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    This is why we have a hook in ceiling in front of living room window: the top of the christmas tree will be fastened to it. Learned from experience that between the pets and the kids, the tree won't stay up without And the ornaments are tied to tree with thin steel wire, twisted tight so the monsters can't get 'em. Well, theoretically anyway...I always find some one the floor
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

A previous cat I had used to sleep in the tree on the lower branches. It was cute as hell.

It's so nice to hear I'm not the only one that has problems keeping the tree up and decorated!

Is it totally wrong to say that I was last year as I taught my cats a lesson? My boy insisted on chewing on ANYTHING on the lower branches, which included the lights as they were plugged in....he ummm sorta stopped after shocking the hell out of himself one night doing it. I'm sure the batting of the ornaments thinking that the balls are playtoys will begin when I go back to work tomorrow, they're on good behaviour tonight since it was my day off. I do find that it's a BIT better when there's gifts under the tree cause it's not as much free reign to the lower branches, but they are still overly curious about things and like to play.

Our cats used to drink the water out of the tree stand, bat at any ornament they could reach, and chew on the presents.
    Sadly, they've both died in the past year, and now my mom has two new cats, including one very active kitten, and I expect that kitten will tear down the whole tree by Christmas Eve.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread