+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

and here I drink so that everyone else looks cool.

I this thread, but that's because I Christmas! It's my favorite time of year--now that I no longer work retail.

1. Real tree or artificial? I actually don't mind artificial trees, but my husband insists on a real tree every Christmas and I do admit, I enjoy the pine fragrance it gives off.

2. Shop early or last minute? I keep an eye out for special and unique gifts for my loved ones all year round (I've had few Xmas gifts squirreled away for months already!) but I always manage to forget or have trouble finding that perfect something and end up doing that awful, last minute desperation shopping.

3. Are you a fan of eggnog? Yes, but not massive quantities.

4. Decorate outside AND inside of the house? I do the inside, hubby does the outside.

5. Favorite Christmas special? "A Charlie Brown Christmas"

6. Favorite Christmas Movie: It's just not Christmas until we watch It's a Wonderful Life.

7. Favorite song: "The Christmas Song" a.k.a. "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire..." (I don't know why, just thinking of this song makes me tear up a little with Yuletide nostalgia)

8. When do you put your Christmas tree up? I've never thought about it, but I would guess it's a couple weeks into December so the tree isn't too dry by the time Christmas comes.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    I keep an eye out for special and unique gifts for my loved ones all year round (I've had few Xmas gifts squirreled away for months already!)
    SnowflakeGirl, you mean you bought me that Indiana Jones DVD collection already?! Oh, you really shouldn't have!
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

This is a great thread, now I just have to be smart enough to get out there and start buying presents. Since grade 8 it has been Christmas eve shopping for me

1. Real tree or artificial? We have a fake tree now I love real trees, the smell of it around the house gets you in the Christmas spirit.

2. Shop early or last minute? Usually last minute but I always know what I am going to get for my brother and my dad is easily to shop for. My mom its impossible.

3. Are you a fan of eggnog? Yes, but like Snowy said, not massive quantities

4. Decorate outside AND inside of the house? We deck out the inside but because its apparently hard because of the slope of the driveway and design of the house to do above my brothers room we don't do much outside. A wreath and a few bows...thats about it.

5. Favorite Christmas special? Don't really watch any.

6. Favorite Christmas Movie: Home Alone is usually a big one. Its just set around Christmas

7. Favorite song: Silent Night

8. When do you put your Christmas tree up? First day or first weekend of December

That's right, Clipsey and I will have to stop after one bucket of the Nog.

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    SnowflakeGirl, you mean you bought me that Indiana Jones DVD collection already?! Oh, you really shouldn't have!
    Yeah, Phat, it's the least I could do for since I know you have already gotten me the big mamma jamma George Harrison Dark Horse Years Box Set because, well, you're so generous like that.

Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

When I took my dog for a walk last night we saw a house that was totally decked out in Christmas lights and decorations. Not just a few but more like the Griswald's house in Christmas Vacation. It seemed a bit much to me considering Thanksgiving is still three weeks away and that only a couple of days earlier we still had some pumpkins lit up in our attic dormers.

As for eggnog, I'm all for it as long as you ignore the calorie count. When I was in college, you could trade in your unused dorm meals for points and one of the things they had for the holidays was quarts of eggnog. One of my neighbors put two of them down one night - he wasn't doing so well after that. I will say that Southern Comfort is a great addition to eggnog.

Time to try out the Santa smilies :santawave
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by brusch
    Time to try out the Santa smilies :santawave
    NOOOOOO!!!!!!! Not til after Thanksgiving. *goes and hides under bed til Thanksgiving is over*

My addition to the poll

5. Favorite Christmas special? Charlie Brown Christmas & Garfield Christmas

6. Favorite Christmas Movie: A Christmas Story & Miracle on 34th Street (the original version)

7. Favorite song: O Holy Night

8. When do you put your Christmas tree up? Sometime after Thanksgiving. I don't have a set day. I just put it up when I feel like it.

On a side note: Santa was at one of the local malls yesterday. November 6th just screams Christmas time to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Catt
    I have never had a white Christmas.

Catt~ I will email you some snow from Canada if you want a white Christmas. We get plenty of snow here.

I've never seen It's a Wonderful Life. My sisters can't believe it. My problem with buying early is that I can never remember where I put things. I never did find that perfect birthday card I got my brother last Feb.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread