+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What the heck happened to the site???

What the heck happened to the site???

Most of you are probably thinking that...Figured I'd start a thread where you can talk about it, and maybe what you did yesterday INSTEAD of visiting the FORT?

Since I spent most of the day talking to support people, I won't bore you with details....But I'm sure glad to be back, with minimal data loss. Kiddos, always back up everything, frequently!

I almost beat the computer up yesterday evening when the site was down. This morning I"ve been trying to recall the wonderful brillent things I posted in a sleepy fog at 6am yesterday.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

When I cannot get through to the site, I realised I have nowhere else to go. Disconnected and read the history of all the FORT threads Sounds quite sad
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

My name is Stephanie, and I am addicted to the FORT.

I found out yesterday that I have developed a very nasty addiction to this place.
    Let us all bask in television's warm glowing warming glow. --Homer Simpson

Stepscot... I know the feeling very well!
    Did you get snow last night?

I spent yesterday emailing the few people who's addresses I have asking them if they were having problems too!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

We did get snow though not as much as they were calling for (and I was looking forward to).

I wish I had known your e-mail address as it would have made me a little saner to know that I wasn't the only one missing the FORT.
    Let us all bask in television's warm glowing warming glow. --Homer Simpson

It was when yesterday's course of events happened that I realized how much I visit the FORT and enjoy hanging out here. Maybe I should go post in that "You know you've been at the FORT to long when..." thread.

Rox
    riding through Paris with the warm wind in my hair
    Well, I just nicely got settled in and WHAM! I kept checking, checking, checking...

Thanks for all your hard work, John, and its good to be back.

On the bright side of things, we got a brand new server built just for us, and support found a hole in their backup systems that they intend to plug immediately.

Also, I learned that I really must have a set of e-mail addresses somewhere of the members that I can get to, in case I need to send something out if it happens again (oh, let's hope not!).

Leo
    Premium Member
    Most of the time, I was asleep since I'm half a day ahead... but I still went through a day of FORT-withdrawal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast