+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What the heck happened to the site???

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cali
    [B]Broken... I was wondering if any people would think they were the only one's and that they had been banned. I sure am glad you checked back today

[QUOTE]

thanks cali. yeah, i really thought i had done something out of line on another thread. and, then i was mad all day that no one even told me - no email or anything. so, i spent most of the day trying to get into the site, being pissed that i couldn't - i really thought that my address was blocked. and, you know, i've only been on here for a few days, but i really do love this site, and everyone is so nice, and i was really sad that i might never be allowed to come back. guess i taught myself a lesson though: be nicer!
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    John, I think that it was a wise move to let the hosting company know that our "heavy" Paulie was in town. I think that was really the key to getting things turned around yesterday.

John,

Thank you for your hard work and diligence in seeing this problem through to recovery.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

All day, I was wishing I'd grabbed a recent list of member e-mail addresses - I certainly would have e-mailed everyone to let them know what was up.

Alas, there was no way to do it, and by the time it'd been down for about 12 hours, I figured we'd just keep everything down until we got it figured out, which was about 5:30am today.

We don't ban very many people (probably because we make it extremely clear what we're all about before people sign up), but rest assured, if we ever did, you'd get at the very least an e-mail, but you'd probably have some warning it was coming through an exchange of PMs with me or another mod.

yeah, like i said, i'm probably more than a bit paranoid. i knew that i probably shouldn't have posted that last bit in the other thread, so i was just feeling a bit guilty i suppose. but, i really felt that it needed to be said, and i tried to do it as tactfully as possible. anyway, i am sorry if i offended anyone.

and, i think that that was what had me in such a "tizzy" was that i thought i was banned without any kind of warning!! it's nice to know that it would be handled differently. and, i will try to behave myself better in the future...
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Has anyone seen the commercial where the little girl gets a new bike because her dad has to put a quarter in the jar every time he loses his temper? Then they cut away to the dad yelling and screaming and banging his head against his computer because his computer sucks...

Exactly how I felt yesterday. I am serious, I bet I hit the refresh button 100 times yesterday. Went to other forums to see if anybody had posted anything about the FORT being down, pretty pathetic, huh? Anyway, I guess I am officially addicted to this site.

Glad to be back!!!

Yes... all three of my kids have new bikes after yesterday
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Cali!

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Yeah, sometimes it sucks to be the most popular damn reality TV site on the Net, doesn't it?

Cool about the new server John!

And excellent work getting everything back up so quickly and everything intact!!!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Rox
    riding through Paris with the warm wind in my hair
    Originally posted by BravoFan
    [B]Yeah, sometimes it sucks to be the most popular damn reality TV site on the Net, doesn't it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast