+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What the heck happened to the site???

Leo
    Premium Member
    Originally posted by John
    On the bright side of things, we got a brand new server built just for us, and support found a hole in their backup systems that they intend to plug immediately.

Also, I learned that I really must have a set of e-mail addresses somewhere of the members that I can get to, in case I need to send something out if it happens again (oh, let's hope not!).
    Well, at least the FORT got something out of it - so it won't happen again any time soon.

It's certainly good to be back up and running.
    "That's Numberwang!"

During the week, I pretty much have set times when I visit the FORT, and the crisis totally threw me off my schedule. I didn't know what to do during those times. I did go to the chatroom for a while. If it wasn't for that or the updates by email, it would've been a lot tougher. I wouldv'e probably gone bayayty. Good thing, Ducky made a little space for us at her site. That was nice.

Great job, John! Thanks for all your hardwork.

I went into serious withdrawl yesterday afternoon! I was going to email some people and ask if they were having problems too, but then I decided I didn't want them to know how addicted I was/am.

So, instead of posting here, I managed to get some productive stuff done. Homework, studying, Celeb mole shadow. I didn't like it. Don't let this happen again.

Great job John! Thanks for the dedication ya put in here.

Yesterday was excruciating waiting for the site to come back up. I did get a chance to chat with some of my friends and get to know them better. It is a good thing that John got his server issues a few months into FORTdom, as opposed to a few years. I am certain that is why this happened...to save us further grief. Thanks to everyone who emailed me to keep me from going nuts.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

and here i thought i was "banned" for being "not so nice"... i spent yesterday kind of mad... maybe i'm paranoid. ???
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

FORT Fanatic
    I found out that I have nothing to do at work when the FORT is down! Okay, so I have nothing that I WANT to do at work when the FORT is down....

Broken... I was wondering if any people would think they were the only one's and that they had been banned. I sure am glad you checked back today

and Jill ... "nothing you WANT to do at work"
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Sleeping with George W
    I spent the day doing laundry.

(I wish!)

Originally posted by broken_pryncess
    and here i thought i was "banned" for being "not so nice"... i spent yesterday kind of mad... maybe i'm paranoid. ???
    BP, I was thinking along the same lines.... What did I say the last time I was on? Have I been obnoxious?

I was wishing that I had e-mail addresses also, but alas, I have no one's.

I don't get to visit as much or as often as I'd like but man, when I do and/or can it's disheartening when I can't connect!

Thanks, John for doing whatever it was that you had to do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast