+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spyware Help

FORT Newbie
    AOL Protection Program picks up "SpyBot Search and Destroy" as "spyware" and thinks it's SpyBuddy. That was posted today on an AdAware Lavasoft site. Don't be too hasty in thinking that someone installed a keystroke logger program on your computer until you check that out, especially if you have SpyBot installed. Only AOL picks that up and makes that error.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelate
    AOL Protection Program picks up "SpyBot Search and Destroy" as "spyware" and thinks it's SpyBuddy. That was posted today on an AdAware Lavasoft site. Don't be too hasty in thinking that someone installed a keystroke logger program on your computer until you check that out, especially if you have SpyBot installed. Only AOL picks that up and makes that error.
    oops...I guess I can't blame my evil housemate for lspying! Luckily, I didn't accuse anyone of putting spyware on my computer (Whew!). Thanks for letting me know this, Jelate. I really don't care what my housemate sees that I do online...but it was bugging me. So now I have an answer. Kind of a relief to know that I'm not residing with Spies
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

In addition to my anti virus and my firewall...I cant live without: Ad-aware, Spybot Search & Destroy, and SpywareBlaster. These 3 last programs dont cost you a dime and they save you a lot of headaches.
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

hm.. adware regular didnt seem to work for me. somehow Adware pro catches way more stuff then regular version.
    i have norton but havent updated it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123