+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: phat32's Tips for a Happy Halloween!

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    Thank you phat for confirming my natural instincts to protect the children. Additionally it may keep them from gaining too much weight while consuming Halloween candy.
    I'm disturbed by all these news reports that the nation's children are basically turning into obese little chimps. Why, back in myyyy day, we didn't have all these fancy vending machine treats on campus like they do nowadays! We had to wait until we got home for our Rice Krispies treats! They were a few Rice Krispies sprinkled on a stick of butter, and we liked it! Hell, we loved it! And we didn't have fancy PlayStation2 video games, what with their Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas! We had Nintendo! And that was a blip shooting a little blip at other blips, and we loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Just a couple of kid jokes and then they talked about Jesus
    "Knock knock!"

"Who's there?"

"John!"

"John who?"

"John us this Sunday for fellowship and a closer relationship with God!"

Now, excuse me while I wait for the hole to open up beneath me and swallow me whole. Yup, any minute now, really...

(Oh, and just for your information, my feeling on Milk Duds comes from The Simpsons: "Sweet on the outside, poison on the inside." - Bart, talking about his new girlfriend, the minister's daughter.)
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    (Oh, and just for your information, my feeling on Milk Duds comes from The Simpsons: "Sweet on the outside, poison on the inside." - Bart, talking about his new girlfriend, the minister's daughter.)
    So, are you trying to tell me that I even gave out lame candy? Let's hope I don't get egged tonight.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    So, are you trying to tell me that I even gave out lame candy? Let's hope I don't get egged tonight.
    No, I'm not. It's just my favorite quote from The Simpsons and I use it every chance I get. You just provided the opening, unfortunately.

(The whole quote goes, "She's like a Milk Dud--sweet on the outside, poison on the inside." - Bart)

And, hey, any candy is better than toothbrushes, nickels and fruit...although Mentos are pretty lame.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Those were great Phat.

Unkelscott - I'm going to try your Trick-or-treat beat 'em to the punch trick tonight and see if any of them fall for it.
    Count your blessings!

Here's a thought. I just answered the door, and three costumed boys were out there. They said "Trick or Treat" and "Thank you," so that was fine, but . . . their voices shouldn't be lower than mine.

Trick or Treat is ending in 10 minutes here. I bought 6 bags of candy and went through it all. I had about 60+ treaters come by. All in all it was good save for when the doorbell rang just as my Steeler's were about to score. Good thing for DVR.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Hopefully it wasn't too wrong to go trick or treating when I got off work tonight in my complete unifo.....errr.....supermarket employee costume (complete with my store's empty plastic bag to get some candy in) I only hit up my friends that I knew were at home tonight giving out candy, but I couldn't resist! Got on my knees to ring the doorbell yelling "trick or treat smell my feet, gimme all your candy to eat!" in some evil impish voice (I just couldn't bring myself to say it totally correct). As if they didn't think I was nuts before, now they really do!

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    Trick or Treat is ending in 10 minutes here. I bought 6 bags of candy and went through it all. I had about 60+ treaters come by. All in all it was good save for when the doorbell rang just as my Steeler's were about to score. Good thing for DVR.
    I bought 6 bags of candy too...only had 3 kidlets.

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    If my doorbell rings one more time.
    But at least there won't be any leftover candy to tempt me.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast