+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 85 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Cat Behaviour

Strange Cat Behaviour

Okay so my one cat has this weird thing he does and I was wondering if anyone had something similar to report.

He is a neutered male and he likes to take clothing, blankets, etc and drag them around the house yowling at the top of his lungs. The vet suggested that it was him bringing us prey as he always takes the item to where people are. However, I have seen how he behaves with them and he seems to be having a bit of a intimate moment with them. I have seen more that lets me know that this is sexual, but don't want to disgust anyone.

So basically does anyone else have a neutered male that has sex with your clothing while dragging it around the house yowling?
    At this turning point in our relationship with Earth, we work for an evolution: from dominance to partnership; from fragmentation to connection; from insecurity, to interdependence. The David Suzuki Foundation

FORT Fogey
    And here I was thinking it was bad that my cat has taken to prowling around on my ceiling. (There is one spot where she can get up into the rafters.) She is 13 years old. She has never done that before, now she likes to hang over my head and yowl at me.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    We have a neutered male, and sometimes he takes one of my sisters' Barbie dolls and wrestles it and chews on its hair and clothes.

And instead of chasing his tail, he runs around in a circle and tries to get his back foot.

And he has this weird thing he does with his paws. He sits on the edge of a chair or something like it and takes his paws and stretches them out and moves them downward quickly several times.

Face it, cats are weird.

We had a neutered female that liked to grab crumbled up pieces of paper to bring to my husband. Plus it it was his, she was going to sleep on it or in it. She basically worshiped the ground he walked on.

Our present cat is still trying to figure out why we aren't worshiping her.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

We used to have a cat with double paws that sucked it's "thumb".
    Count your blessings!

lol

we have 3 cats in the office(yea..we're pretty laid back here)

one of them, a female kitten, 8mths....she's crazy for paintbrush and rulers....she'd go absolutely crazy chewing and chasing after these items.

indeed. weirdos.

weirdos we absolutely adore....
    realitytvbites!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    We used to have a cat with double paws that sucked it's "thumb".
    I had one of those as well! She wasn't double pawed, but just had a habit of sucking on her back toe....which gave her the name Toe Kitty even. She'd just curl right up on your lap and get ahold of that back foot and suck like CRAZY!

Right now I'm dealing with a freaked out male that has strange hyper yowling fits every night about 1am. He just TOTALLY trips out and runs around the apartment, up the furniture, down the furniture, meow meow MEOW for about an hour.

I don't have any male cats, but one of my cats goes to my son's sock drawer and gets the sock rolls out one by one and puts them in a pile in the living room. She yowls all the while. I think she thinks they are her babies.

My kitten likes to jump into the bath as the last of the water is draining and chase it down the plug hole!!!

FORT Fan
    I have three - and they like to make that really odd yell/meow noise too! But they are all females....
    The little one will go into my drawers if I leave them open, and take all my clothes out
    And they ALL play with plastic bags, they love them - the noise drives me insane! And the little one will do it when she wants out of the room, and I'm not paying attention to her, or she wants food, and it's not time for her to eat, she finds these little ways to irritate me!
    But, I still love them!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 85 123456789101151 ... LastLast