+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 85 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Cat Behaviour

Igotalife....I actually pick up my little rug every day and hang it over the edge of the tub. Would that work for you? My cats and I share the bathroom (their litter box is beside the toilet in there due to lack of any other place to keep it) and they like to track the litter onto my rug outside the tub. It gves me the ickies to step nice and clean out of a shower and then get the litter all stuck to my feet, so after I'm done in the bathroom each day, just toss it up on the edge and then I don't have to deal with it. The only thing is that I wasn't sure if you had a free standing shower or a tub/shower...and also if it is a tub/shower, I couldn't help but wonder if little Frosty would just jump up on the edge and still use it? Worth a shot atleast maybe, just figured I'd toss in my idea.

If it's a tub/shower, you could always hang it from the curtain rod.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    So, uh, gee...that is what makes me blond...I never thought of something so simple as hanging it up on my shower during the day.

Thanks!
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Violet Winegarden - A very special cat lady

Cats are people too.

Happy Cat Haven

I support Happy Cat Haven as much as I can. We buy them a huge bag of food when I go to the vet with my dog (they had to give me a fictitious cat to put the cat food under). I just bought about 40 wool blankets through eBay to help the cats overwinter (the ones that can't come inside are in special huts, these have contagious diseases or are scratchers with aids) and a new washer dryer for Violet who runs the place (some cats can't hold it in anymore, very messy). She doesn't believe that any cat should be put down and the vets call her once the owner leaves, to come get the cats. Some gentle souls in her care have the most heartbreaking stories, she loves and saves them all. She's an old lady and does this in her home. She has a lot of volunteers who work in shifts to keep the place spotless and that's important: she has over 70 cats. People like her are a gift. Send your good thoughts her way.

And if the 'gifts' arrive while you're in the shower, it's definitely time to just toss the rug.
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

My white cat decided to come along when I took my dog for his walk in the woods yesterday. I've had cats walk with me before, but she never has. They had the most fun chasing each other (my dog is small - they're about the same size). Her fur was fully puffed out which means she was a little on edge, but her friskiness and lack of vocalization meant she wasn't too scared. We have a lot of wildlife, so I can only imagine the smells she was experiencing. I also hoped she wasn't leaving a scent trail that would lead a fox or coyote back to our yard.
    Count your blessings!

Our lovely black cat has decided the Christmas tree skirt was put there for her to lounge on. She has been kicking the Christmas toys out of the way (various little stuffed toys) so she can arrange herself and look lovely in peace.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    Our lovely black cat has decided the Christmas tree skirt was put there for her to lounge on. She has been kicking the Christmas toys out of the way (various little stuffed toys) so she can arrange herself and look lovely in peace.
    Ok, so where's the picture????? Hint, hint, hint!!!!!

I've have been truly enjoying this thread. I have been laughing so hard trying to picture the antics of this wonderful creatures. I have 2 cats. One was older when I got her so she's not well socialized with the dogs. She was living under my house when I moved here. It's a shame that she's more of a loner. She does give sweet kisses though. Anyway, I have an automatic litter pan for the girls. The hop in do there thing and hop out. Ten minutes later the motor turns on and a rack goes across the litter and scoops the clumps into a receptacle. I've caught Olivia watching the rack as it goes across. She'll reach out and bop the top of it with her paw 3 times. She always bops 3 times. Nola on the other hand believes she's a dog. I got her as a kitten and acts more like a dog than a cat. She'll roll over and demand that I rub her tummy. The other night I came home and laid on the sofa. As soon as I do that all three dogs come running and jump up on me for attention. Nola came running with the pack and pushed 2 of the dogs out of the way so that she could get the primo spot on me. It looked like a roller derby scene. They bring me such joy.

Will someone remind me why I want/need a man in my life??? ooops, wrong thread. Back to the Relationship Challenged thread. :o)

toothdoc

Now that we're on vacation and I try to sleep in in the morning, my cat and small dog (who sleep with me and get canned food in the morning) are awake and antsy before me. The cat tries to wake me up by purring loudly and the dog nervously stands and wags his tail. Well, the cat has started rubbing her cheek/neck up against the dog while purring loudly. This makes him extremely nervous. They get along, but she has been known to turn on him. So he stands ridgedly while she smears her scent all over him and finally I take pity and get up. sigh. No rest for the wicked.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    Now that we're on vacation and I try to sleep in in the morning, my cat and small dog (who sleep with me and get canned food in the morning) are awake and antsy before me. The cat tries to wake me up by purring loudly and the dog nervously stands and wags his tail. Well, the cat has started rubbing her cheek/neck up against the dog while purring loudly. This makes him extremely nervous. They get along, but she has been known to turn on him. So he stands ridgedly while she smears her scent all over him and finally I take pity and get up. sigh. No rest for the wicked.

This is why my cats are fed kibble only!!!! I enjoy my sleep in time when I can get it!

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

+ Reply to Thread