+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 357576777879808182838485

Thread: Strange Cat Behaviour

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar

Re: Strange Cat Behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf;3276276;
    I know I've already established that my cat is crazy anyways, but he does not like to drink clean water from his bowl. He will drink out of the toilet (we keep it flushed in case he gets in and wants a drink) and out of a pot we have to catch rain water in our leaky laundry room. I don't understand it as we always make sure he has clean water but he prefers to drink out of the not so sanitary areas.
    Here at our house it is called "Wild Water" hehe We keep all toilet closed at all times! But other non cat water or outside water is "wild" And they seem to enjoy that we call it that.

I wonder if they don't like the feel of litter on their paws and they use the water to wash it off? Cats are so much more mysterious than dogs, I miss having a cat.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I vote that they entertain themselves by drinking water this way, just because they can.

My whack-job gurl is running around the house so hard, leaping on and off things, that it sounds like somebody is trying to break into the house. Warp Speed Wanda.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I love when they act like crazy nutballs! Princess is 7 years young and she still thinks she's a kitten sometimes. I when she stops and pants like a dog!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Clara never, ever drinks from the water bowl in "her room". With Fluffy being gone, she is the lone feline in a house of 4 dogs and never misses an opportunity to try and get a rise out of them by drinking out of their bowls. She'll take a quick sip then look around to see if any of them are watching her. If one of them catches her and comes her way she'll run directly at them then quickly veer away right before they make contact.
    CYA

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

In the mornings, when I am in the bathroom for my morning ablutions, here come my gurls. The alpha gurl (Miss Chloe E.) comes in and sits to wait for her morning high blood pressure pill, and for me to drip water into the shower floor so that she can wash it down. Then in comes my eldest (Miss Sashay), to sit on the on the vanity to await her drip in the sink; she likes to let it run all over her head and make a mess; she'll then remain sitting on the vanity waiting, patiently, for me to return to carry "her majesty" back to the bed since The Stalker is, by that time, sitting in the door blocking her exit. Miss Sashay will actually stand up on her back legs and reach up to me (like a 2 year old child) to be carried, and I oblige. The Stalker (Miss Celie) is just there to see what everybody is doing and to harass. I have to, gently, threaten her to get her moving. Do you think they've got me trained, or what?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3278969;
    Do you think they've got me trained, or what?

You are trained well as feline STAFF person...

My whack-job gurl is running around the house so hard, leaping on and off things, that it sounds like somebody is trying to break into the house. Warp Speed Wanda.[/QUOTE]

When my two cats were younger they used to do the same thing. We called it the Kitty Indy.

+ Reply to Thread