+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 85 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Cat Behaviour

Rattus: it's the way he tells you he luvs you! When he stops doing it, then I'd be worried.

gabriel: Oh please. You know that everything that Mona and Joey do is never "normal". They practice fire drills with you for Petey's sake! They're each very SPECIAL. None of us have normal cats, do we? I certainly wouldn't admit to that.

I vote that we change Strange Things Cats Do to SPECIAL Things Cats Do Who's with me here?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I'm with you Miss Kitty!!

We have to keep our bathroom doors closed because our one cat, Chaser, considers the toilet paper rolls to be the kitty version of the small punching bags that boxers use to train, he can unravel one in 0.2 seconds. Well yesterday he somehow got himself locked in the downstairs bathroom when we left for work. I came home to the screeching (you know the one, nothing is actually wrong, you have just dared to displease him) cat, opened the door and burst out laughing. Not only did he unravel the tp, but he then somehow got it back onto the tube completely (would that be a ravel, then?), sure it was messy and four times its normal size, but back as a roll. I don't know how many times he did that before he opened the cabinet under the sink and took out three more rolls and completely shredded them as best he could with no front claws.

The cutest part though was that Boomer, our other cat who barely tolerates us let alone his brother, had put each and every toy they own in front of the closed door. Chaser had pulled the stringy ones under the door and into the bathroom with him, but there was still a pile of mice and other things on the outside of the door. SO CUTE!
    Wag more, bark less

I love cats! Now this isn't a strange cat story just a cute story with a happy ending.

My mother lived 2 hrs away, close to Yosemite way up in the Sierra Mountains. Had to take a dirt road to get to the top of the hill where she lived. She had a cat, Thomasina (sp?) Thomasina was an outdoor cat (mountain kitty) because of Mom's severe emphysema, but Mom pampered Thomasina as much as she could but the garage was a close as Thomasina could come to being indoors.

Well mom got sick and passed away 2 yrs ago....so I went up and brought Thomasina back home with me. My son and his wife decided they wanted to take her (he's a cat lover too lol). Well, Thomasina took a liking to the pampered life of indoors immediately... and from that day she stepped into my son's house Thomasina refused step her foot outside again. She became Queen Thomasina and lived a life of leisure until she died of inoperable cancer a couple of months ago. I am so happy Thomasina was able to live her last years indoors.....she was a such loving lap cat.....I think she really appreciated her new life.
    Last edited by Vonna; 08-01-2006 at 03:21 PM.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    The one I am talking about is not electric. To clean it, you actually roll it to one side; solids go into a tray, which you remove and empty. Saw it at Walmart. 3 different sizes.
    This is probably a little late but my kitty uses the rollaway litter box and she likes it. So do I - no scooping. The only thing is you want to try and get a very hard clumping litter otherwise the clumps can break up when you roll the thing over.

Some of the strange cat behaviour that my kitty does is whenever I'm reading she always climbs onto me and sits down in front of the book so I can't see it. Same thing with the computer keyboard and monitor. Another thing she loves to do is whenever I'm in the bathroom she likes to jump into the bathtub and have me run the water at a trickle so she can get a drink. Sometimes when I get up from the couch she'll run into the bathroom jump in and wait for me to get there. She so cute though because if the bath is wet she won't jump in unless I wipe it out for her.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Wow Bubba-Jo-Lyn, sounds like your kitty has you properly trained

Maybe it's not strange, so I'll ask you all if you've had the same experience?
    My female cat Callie is absolutely terrified of plastic bags. If she hears and/or sees one she runs and hides as far away as possible.

Also, my old cat BJ (who passed a couple years ago) was scared of apples. I thought that was weird.

Jamie, Vonna, Bubba-Jo Lynn: What great funny stories of your family kitties. I can just picture each and every one.

DixiePixie: See earlier post re: #563 re drain Monster and #542 plastic bag monster. Kitties must beware.
    Last edited by misskitty; 08-01-2006 at 11:10 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Cool, thanks!

Guess my cat is an odd one out. I scared her with a bag earlier.

My cat keeps bringing "guests" into the house and it's really freaking me out. He likes to catch locusts (and other creatures of the day and night) and bring them inside. The first time was the worst because we had no idea what was going on.

Okay, picture this. Your sitting in your living room and hear a really loud buzzing noise and wonder what appliance is probably breaking. The cat comes strolling in. The noise appears to be coming from the cat! You look, horrified, to see that his mouth is closed but the noise is somehow coming from him. Then he drops his "present" near you and you see a huge locust!

So I save it and get it outside. Only to have the same thing happen again about a week later. Another successful rescue. And then again tonight, but this time the locust doesn't go down without a fight and starts flying all over the place with me jumping and screaming. I manage to rescue this one and get it outside but then I become trapped outside for a few minutes because it keeps hitting my glass door and I don't want to let it back in. In where I want to be.

He also likes to "play" with these rather large brown beatles with shells as hard as plastic and they make a terrifying screeching noise. And no, it's not coming from me!

I scolded the cat and told him I don't like these gifts and to quit bringing his friends inside. He of course didn't take too well to being talked to like that but I *think* we have an understanding now. (keeping fingers crossed!)

I have to edit to add that so far at least he hasn't brought these to us while we are sleeping because I know I'd probably have a heart attack or something if he drops one of these onto my bed.

Not over yet.....
    Quote Originally Posted by DixiePixie View Post
    Cool, thanks!

Guess my cat is an odd one out. I scared her with a bag earlier.
    One of our cats is afraid of plastic bags, rattling magazines, loud sudden movements, etc. The other one doesnt care. The plastic bag thing only started a few years ago.

+ Reply to Thread