+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 85 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Cat Behaviour

CCL
    Glitter: Maybe she just didn't like that particular person, not necessarily the job he was performing. Then again, my cat dislikes the cable person as well - he doesn't shake but he does hide under the bed. But when the furnace man comes, he's all interested in the tool box! Maybe it is something about cable guys after all. Do their trucks or equipment emit some sort of frequency or something?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Oh, Glitternerfball, isn't that heartbreaking when your little kitty is so terrified. She definitely related to some kind of danger. My neighbors kitty came from a crack house and it's taken more than a year for her to settle in her new home. But she's an absolute doll too.

I'm so glad your el bobo is such a sucky kitty. You describe her so well with slither, nibble, noshing, snorts She "sounds" so hilarious!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

One of my cats is such a nut...we have a baby gate up on our bedroom door (its hard enough getting woken up by a 13 pound cat jumping on you, not something we wanted to try with a 60 pound and 120 pound dog!) and in the mornings I open the gate to let our littlest dog out of the bedroom. Chaser, the cat who has made it his personal mission to see how fast and how high he can clear that gate, gets in line with the dog to walk out of it on the floor. If I don't see him and close it before he goes through, he cries and acts all put out. On the mornings I don't re-open it for him, he gets all huffy and yep, jumps over the gate.
    Wag more, bark less

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie5632
    ...Chaser, the cat who has made it his personal mission to see how fast and how high he can clear that gate,..
    There should be a sport for kitty gate-clearing. Like in high jump, it gets raised after every kitty athlete clears the bar! My Gracie-kins loves to jump my neighbor's fence when she gets loose. She even goes at it with the same angle as high-jumpers. She's as light-footed and graceful as a gazelle. Impresses me every darn time.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    There should be a sport for kitty gate-clearing. Like in high jump, it gets raised after every kitty athlete clears the bar! My Gracie-kins loves to jump my neighbor's fence when she gets loose. She even goes at it with the same angle as high-jumpers. She's as light-footed and graceful as a gazelle. Impresses me every darn time.

Sure let's start a kitty olympics. picture this: heres the crazy kitty dash and our felines are lined up ready to go.... on your mark.... set.... go! *watches the cats look around and plop down right there as if they've just run a 3 minute mile even though they went no where.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

My feet get hot at night and so I'll poke them out from under the covers. It's not good for my heart when in the middle of the night something suddenly bites my toes!

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    ...*watches the cats look around and plop down right there as if they've just run a 3 minute mile even though they went no where.
    I just love that word "plop". So correctly descriptive.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan
    ...in the middle of the night something suddenly bites my toes!
    That's because you moved your toes. You're not supposed to move when you're asleep. Once you blink, you're fair game!

That's Kitty Rules Manual #647

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    : That's because you moved your toes. You're not supposed to move when you're asleep. Once you blink, you're fair game!

That's Kitty Rules Manual #647
    Yup, same goes with hair. If you have long hair and roll over and it flips just right, it is the kitties obligation to jump it, or at least lazily paw at it should they be asleep, er, keeping watch on the bed with you.

One day I will learn to load and post pics, because my Tigger has learned the cutest new trick....... My 15 year old is a skateboarder, and always leaves his board in the middle of the living room. First, Tigger started napping on the board. Then he started using the board as his stage from which he surveyed his domain and those who would serve him. (We're not worthy, we're not worthy!) That lost it's thrill after a while when we stopped paying attention, so now, he makes a grand entrance by taking a flying leap onto the board, and actually RIDES the board as it coasts across the floor!!! Now he is obsessed with his new toy, and so far, we are all still paying attention to all of His Majesty's entrances.
    Go Tigers!

I've got a kitty that's mostly black with white paws, and when he was a kitten he climbed up our screen door at night. I walked by the kitchen and saw four white paws on the screen and jumped, but then realized it was just him hanging from the screen stuck there. I wish I had taken a photo of it.

+ Reply to Thread