+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 85 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Cat Behaviour

giz
    Really? Do you guys have indoor cats? When my guy has been forced to use the litter box (when he's been sick) he always covers. I thought it was really instinctual. I wonder if maybe if they're indoor cats they don't feel the need for the security re. smells?

My cat, Tuvvy, is loving this weather. He doesn't even sleep with me now, prefers a little patch of dead grass under the rosemary bush. Stays out 24/7, treats this place like a hotel. He's a sweetie though.

Mine are strictly indoors. As I posted prior, They know THE STAFF will attend to it.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

And what wonderful Staff you IS, gabriel

My kitties have a kitty box thing going on; They do #1 in the first box, and #2 in the second. Pretty much on an ongoing basis. And if they happen to be outside on their leashes, they go to the back door and meow to come in, go downstairs and use their litter boxes Can't beat that!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

CCL
    My two go out but only under supervision. One cat doesn't go to the bathroom outside. The other goes outside (every single time he's out) and always covers it up, even though he's the one who doesn't cover it up in the litter box! Ah, cats.

My one cat has taken to drinking out of my water glass (which I don't really appreciate). He gets this look in his eyes and you just know he's going to go for it. I've taken to drinking out of water bottles or protecting the glass whenever he's near!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

giz
    My cat used to love sticking his furry arm into the ex's water glass. That brings a smile now I think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    I've never seen a cat drink from a toilet. A dog, sure. But cat? Do they not fall in? I know they can pee into a toilet.
    Surely you jest....every cat I ever had loved drinking out of the toilet...I think it's colder than the water dish. Never mind the amusement if they can get someone to flush it so they can watch the water go around!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

queenb: no jesting here. Never seen. They always went for the sink faucet.

giz: I can just imagine your glee

CCL: Gracie once drank out of my cup of tea...it was the warm milk she sought....and then got!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    When I call for 2 of my gurls, they usually totally ignore me, more times than not. Shortly, thereafter, the 3rd one comes running and meowing, seeming to want to let me know that I don't need those other two, that I've got her!! Never fails! Then she bumps the top of her head into my lips, which is her way of letting me know that a kiss is appropriate.
    Does anyone know anything about the efficiency of the ShedEnder? I am such a gadget fiend!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

prhoshay: I hadn't heard of that! I checked at the tv site:http://www.seenontv.com/prod-pages/shed_ender.html
    I don't know of anyone who uses it. I found that the best thing for my kitts, particulary Gracie who has that fine little down under her outer fur, is a simple human round brush with those little red balls on each of the spikes. I use it gently with a rolling motion and it softly pulls the downy fur out. A $1 comb after that does it! It sounds intriguing though. Let me know if you buy it and it works!

Oh, and love that your 3rd little one gives you a head butt for a big KISS from Mom. She's a smart kitty.

As I mentioned before, my little el bobo was an abused kitty on death row before she came to my care.

Now she's a happy weird little bundle of cat fur, even greets visitors at the door.

BUT the other day the cable person came.

My kitty took one look at her, sank to the ground whimpering, and slithered all over the house to get away from her. She tried every closet and was shaking. I tried to soothe her but then she'd see the cable person and go crazy. She wasn't satisfied until she slithered to the top of the kitchen cabinets. I was almost in tears to see her so afraid. I wish I knew something about the people who abused her, I hadn't seen her so afraid since that first few hours in my house. But even then, she immediately recognized a safety zone and was out after only an hour or two. Maybe her abuser was a cable person? I don't know, but no one should be free after abusing ANYTHING.

On a happier note! She has decided I'm her favorite toy in the house, and the other night jumped up next to my leg, put both her cute little front paws on it, then decided to nibble on me like I was an ear of corn. She was all purrs and noshing her teeth on my leg with little snorts. She wasn't biting, just her little nibbles (her teeth are dull and such from whatever she went through anyway, so never even scratches) it was just - weird. Any of your cats treat you like a rawhide bone? She's definately the most orally fixated animal I've had (she loves to suck on my fingers)

The things we do for our animals. I'm debating getting her a chew bone, but think she just likes to chew on me.

+ Reply to Thread