+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 85 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Cat Behaviour

My cat Simby. Was taught to beg for her soft food. She always has crunchies, but she must beg for her soft food in order to get her special treat!

She lifts up one paw, and if it`s not high enough. I say: "Simby, you can do better than that". So, then she raises her paw higher.

Another thing she does for attention, is she rolls and lays on her back, looking OH SO CUTE. She thinks this gets her what she wants. Sounds like a female huh?...........

But, I`ve never seen another cat behave like this one. I think she believes she`s a dog, because she also scratches the door wanting to go out, with no claws, and she asks for us to lift the window when she wants to look out. She is an indoor cat, but always asks to go outside.

Very smart indeed......except for her litter box. Instead of covering up what she just did. She sweeps at the floor outside her litter box, and we always laugh at that. Either stupid, or a comedian. I`m not sure which.

Quote Originally Posted by erin_dye
    Do I know you?

I, too, have a cat named Kitty who loves to lick plastic bags. I thought I just had an oddball for a cat. Maybe it goes with the name?
    My cat Shadow also licks and tries to eat plastic grocery bags. If she does swallow a piece, she always throws up. So I always have to put the groceries up as soon as I get home and store the bags out of her reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Catt
    My cat Shadow also licks and tries to eat plastic grocery bags. If she does swallow a piece, she always throws up. So I always have to put the groceries up as soon as I get home and store the bags out of her reach.
    I'm glad my cat isn't the only one. I brought some mail home from work to open last night. I have a garbage bag next to me for the envelopes and the cat chewed a hole in it. I wonder why they do it?
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I love all ya'll's cat stories. Makes me Here's mine: My cat Mic (short for Michelob) likes to take showers with me. Every day when I get up Mic jumps off my bed (where he sleeps on my feet) and runs to the bathroom just ahead of me. Sometimes I will veer off at the last second to piss him off, and it does. His tail starts that crazy twitching. Anyway, we have our routine down....I start the shower and he jumps on the side of the tub and waits for me to step in and pull the curtain shut and then he'll stick his head and upper body in just far enough to get all wet.

If I ever, god forbid, make it to the bathroom and shut the door and he is inadvertently detained by say, his food dish in the kitchen, he will come and bat at the door until I open it and let him in.

Right now he is sitting on the floor next to my computer desk looking up at me as if he KNOWS I'm talking about him. I love this cat. My other cat, Socks has her own quirks but this is Mic's post. This really is his face:
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    I'm glad my cat isn't the only one. I brought some mail home from work to open last night. I have a garbage bag next to me for the envelopes and the cat chewed a hole in it. I wonder why they do it?
    My cat LOVES clear plastic. Any clear plastic. Every piece of clear plastic in our house has little holes in it, exactly the size and spacing of our cat's fangs.

I have no idea why she loves clear plastic, though. I'm glad ours isn't the only one!

Both my cats also eat mini-blinds....every set in the house has a section with toothmarks in it.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Chalk up another plastic eater here. Tigger loves the trash bags and grocery bags. My other cat Cinnamon did too.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Catt
    My cat just goes in the plastic bags and tries to rip open the package of ground beef.

My "kids" actually don't care either way about plastic bags....but lay down a paper of any sort....OH MY! Big girl Spooki is all over it! She doesn't want to chew on it or play with it, just lay on it....books, magazines, bags, paperwork when I bring it home....something about it just makes her want to flop on top of it.

Mic also has what I will have to call a kind of drug habit. He licks the sticky side of the tape in tape dispensers, the backs of my daughter's stickers, electrical tape, duct tape, masking tape, any kind of gluey surface. Hey, of course!!! **smacks side of head** Mic has a glue habit! Should I get him a little Elmer's stick or would that make me his supplier?

+ Reply to Thread