+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 85 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Cat Behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Does anybody know anything about the "Self-Cleaning Litter Box"? It's the one that you roll to clean. Are the cats cool with it?

I'm replacing one of the 3 piece triangular shaped ones that have a clip-on door. One of my girls hates the door on it, and will fight that door until she gets it off. I've put it back on time after time, and she continues to go after it. Well, she has won, and the door stays off.
    Yes, they work. However, they are really loud. If you have a spot that is removed from your place of sleeping, it's all cool. If it is near your bedroom or kid's room, it will wake you up each time your kitty has a biological urge. It makes you a little irritable towards your little angel, and makes you think of them as your kitty from hell. Not a good scenario.
    Go Tigers!

I can't close mine either because if hubby got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom he's not likely to check to see if the lid is closed and if I'm half asleep I probably would forget as well.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    Yes, they work. However, they are really loud. If you have a spot that is removed from your place of sleeping, it's all cool. If it is near your bedroom or kid's room, it will wake you up each time your kitty has a biological urge. It makes you a little irritable towards your little angel, and makes you think of them as your kitty from hell. Not a good scenario.

The one I am talking about is not electric. To clean it, you actually roll it to one side; solids go into a tray, which you remove and empty. Saw it at Walmart. 3 different sizes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Got a kitty that likes to eat kleenex, like she's munching at a salad bar. Toilet tissue is not acceptable.

Had a kitty that loved to eat toilet tissue in the same way. Kleenex was not acceptable.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 07-06-2006 at 10:40 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Well Mona just swiped half of a powdered sugar dougnut ran and ate it.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    Well Mona just swiped half of a powdered sugar dougnut ran and ate it.
    I think Mona would like my cat - he's partial to muffins, himself.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I think Mona would like my cat - he's partial to muffins, himself.
    Any particular type or just muffins in general? maybe he likes blueberry more than banana nut?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

I've never seen a cat drink from a toilet. A dog, sure. But cat? Do they not fall in? I know they can pee into a toilet.

ArchieComicFan/Snoopy does your kitty like to drink from running water, like a tap? Maybe try the little water dispensers they have available that run constantly into a dish. He might get turned onto that and start avoiding the toilet?

gabriel: got any buns? Mr. Tootles prefers bread to muffins, thank you.

prhyoshay: I don't know anyone who uses anything other than a regular kitty box. But there's new kitty litter that is like little pearls and absorbs the liquid quickly and stays on the bottom. You just scoop out the solids and then replace everything else after a while. My sinister's boss uses it for his two kitties and is quite happy. No smell detected.

Gracie and Mr. Tootles have amazed me in the last couple of days while outside on the deck. They somehow manage to intertwine their leashes with just about everything possible; deck chairs, the garden hose, the legs of the BBQ, plant pots, the tree, themselves. I come out and have to spend 10 minutes unhooking them and untanging the mess. If they can get under it, around it, over it, and inbetween it, they do it!

E.T.A. Sincerest Apologies to prhoshay for my constant misspelling of her name. It's a brain glitch I believe. I'll get my IT guys right on it!
    Last edited by misskitty; 07-07-2006 at 03:24 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    My oldest precious angel (Shay) has never covered her litter box stink. She must come from royalty, because she has always done her business and just walked away. I've never seen a feline like her. I will shake the box around if I am at home when she drops the bomb. It's annoying, but she's just so lovable, so I guess I'm her handmaiden in this lifetime. Every now and then, she will cover it, probably from learning from the other kitties, but she is definitely not consistent.

She has endeared herself in my household by being a bit of a nursemaid. If one of the other cats is sick, she will sit with them 24/7. When I had a crappy health year in 2000 and had surgery, she had a very hard time leaving my side (kind of like a dog), and when she did, you could tell she was worried. She was reluctant to even go for food and water (and the litter box). She'd walk a few steps away and look back, walk a few steps away and look back...I actually had to tell her to go on, that I would be here when she got back. That's when she'd take off at a trot. She would be back, plastered to my side in 5 minutes or less. It was touching and seemed unusual, to say the least.

She really stuck close to my then oldest precious (Abigail/Gail) when she was going through liver failure last year. Because they go off to hide when they are dying, I could never find her. All I had to do was look for Shay, and I knew that Gail was in the very nearby vacinity.

I just can't imagine my life without kitties, and I really don't understand people who say they don't like animals. I just think they've never really been around them to get that unconditional love!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    Any particular type or just muffins in general? maybe he likes blueberry more than banana nut?
    Nope, just muffins in general. He would prefer just to eat human food actually. He also loves pasta, toast, cool whip, eggs, butter, pizza...it would probably be easier to list what he doesn't like.
    My other cat likes to lick grapes.

prhoshay - one of my cats doesn't cover up in the litter box either. The other cat is such a little caretaker, though, and gets in after him and covers it up.
    Last edited by CCL; 07-07-2006 at 04:04 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Nope, just muffins in general. He would prefer just to eat human food actually. He also loves pasta, toast, cool whip, eggs, butter, pizza...it would probably be easier to list what he doesn't like.
    My other cat likes to lick grapes.

prhoshay - one of my cats doesn't cover up in the litter box either. The other cat is such a little caretaker, though, and gets in after him and covers it up.
    Pizza too? so does Mona and Joey likes spaghetti.

As to the box, neither one of them cover up, ...remember CATS have STAFF, and I ARE THE STAFF.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

+ Reply to Thread