+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 85 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Cat Behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    giz: I never saw Mr. Tootles drink from anything other than the bathroom running tap until I caught him unawares one day. He actually CAN and DOES drink from the water bowl. he just doesn't prefer it. I think your kitty probably will drink if you leave out a bowl. When in thirst I think it would be a natural reaction to seek out anything to quench it.
    I did read somewhere though that cats do not have that mechanism of thirst to make them drink plenty of water, When I find something on this again I will post it.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    From experience, I do know that if your kitty is drinking lots and lots of water, be on the outlook for diabetes. Look out for weight loss, lethargy, and a sick looking coat which can come out by the handfuls.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

giz
    Our cat is chubby, and no hair loss. I think he's just a camel. (Good to know though, I'll watch for it).

Giz, my female, Willow, doesn't seem to drink much from her bowl - I found out why one day last week - she balances on the toilet seat & gets free water from the toilet. Try closing your bathroom doors & see what happens.

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

I've seen my cat drink from his water dish but I also see tell-tale paw prints around and in the toilet bowl. It's one thing to have to clean up after two men in the house but now the cat too!

You know, if you check out the litter box, you're sure to see if he's been drinking anything, right? Especially if you use the clumping cat litter.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Does anybody know anything about the "Self-Cleaning Litter Box"? It's the one that you roll to clean. Are the cats cool with it?

I'm replacing one of the 3 piece triangular shaped ones that have a clip-on door. One of my girls hates the door on it, and will fight that door until she gets it off. I've put it back on time after time, and she continues to go after it. Well, she has won, and the door stays off.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar
    Oh Please - Keep the toilet lids CLOSED! Don't want any drowned kitties!

Quote Originally Posted by Mimzy View Post
    Oh Please - Keep the toilet lids CLOSED! Don't want any drowned kitties!
    I should second this request. I did know someone who this happened to. It was devastating.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I WISH I could close the toilet lid, except for the fact that my adopted kitty who came to me at age 6 months will ONLY drink out of the toilet. Period. Nothing I can do will change his habit. Little bowls, big bowls, ice added, NOTHING will make my Tigger drink water from any water receptacle than the freakin' toilet. I used to use those water tank cleaner thingys that cleaned with every flush, and now I have to be a scrub freak since I don't want to kill or poison my little angel kitty. Help!
    Go Tigers!

+ Reply to Thread