+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Cat Behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by giz View Post
    I do say no, he just does not hear me! Maybe he only understands French or something. I generally have to put him out, he smiles the whole way to the door, and I end up covered in cat hair (he gets brushed a lot, but it's that season).

He has to eat special food to keep him from getting crystals in his urine again, so he's stuck with that stuff. Anyway, I like a well-upholstered cat, just not one that wants to eat every hour. (I swear he thinks he needs a coffee break, he always starts in on me around 10:30. Being exhausted from a hard morning's sleeping in the flowerbed can really work up an appetite!).
    Hmmm sounds like my Joey & some other feline have been having conversations. "just does not hear me?" oh puhleeze - he can hear you fine, chooses to ignore you. Joey has to eat Iams or other low magnesium foods for the crystal thing too. Sometimes before I can grab Monas plate of fancy feast, I'll turn around and see Joey at it, all I have to do is say Hey! he like vacuums up the last and runs.

It's tough being a smiling, shedding, I want to get brushed and not hear you cat.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

This is a pet-related pet peeve so I thought I'd post it here.

My cat, Doyle, has a bladder condition called Interstitial Cystitis. It can mimic the symptoms of crystals, but isn't caused by crystals. The vet has him on low magnesium, diet food (Iams, Eukanuba, the really expensive crap they sell from their office... ) Everytime I go to Pet Valu here in Toronto, they are always trying to shell their own brand on me. They're now touting this new weight loss formula as one that makes them feel fuller, made with 'human grade' products, etc. I asked if it's low mag? They don't know... if you don't really know about your product, then you shouldn't be pushing it on people. Everytime they give me a sample it ends up in the trash. I shop from the same store regularly, and you'd think that I've told the guy time & again that my cat has a very expensive bladder condition that I'm not playing around with, so don't bother telling me about the newest thing... grrrrr

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

CCL
    The salesperson is probably required to push-push-push the product. Stupid ideas from management - don't they realize the hard sell turns off customers more often than not?
    Poor Doyle! I'm sure he gets plenty of loving from you, though. Doyle's a great name, by the way.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Doyle is a great name, and I bet I can guess where you got it from based on your signature line .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Picture this. Cat sleeping on my bed, giving me is usual little meow as if I'm disturbing him just by looking at him.

I go into kitchen, see a little piece of bacon left over from my BLT for lunch and decide to give it to the dog. He really wanted some when he smelled it cooking so I figure I'll give him this piece. I quietly go over to his dog bowl and whisper "come on" and the next thing you know the cat is in the kitchen as if he was shot out of cannon

Of course I had to give him some cat treats since he made the effort to get out of bed. But how did he know? I mean really, I thought I was being all secretive!

Oh, they know. They know.

I, too, had a BLT yesterday, and my cat loves bacon. So, of course, she was immediately in the kitchen, staring up at me and sniffing the air. I usually give her a piece, but it's a very tiny piece. I guess she simply has good taste!

Oh yes they know... from a "dead" sleep to the kitchen in 2 nanoseconds flat. whisper to Mona shhh, heres some tuna for you but don't tell joey.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

I am posting this under strange cat behaviour, but it may not be strange.

Joey has this thing that I've heard called "BAKE YOUR BRAINS" where he jumps onto a table, dresser or whatever and sticks his head up into the lampshade of a lit lamp for a few seconds... What????
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    I am posting this under strange cat behaviour, but it may not be strange.

Joey has this thing that I've heard called "BAKE YOUR BRAINS" where he jumps onto a table, dresser or whatever and sticks his head up into the lampshade of a lit lamp for a few seconds... What????
    Our dear departed Lepo used to spend hours sleeping with his head pressed up against a radiator that was too hot for me to touch. I don't care what anybody says, it is strange.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Hey, my family's cat Susie used to be very seclusive, running away when any of us approached. These days, she's about six, and she's alot easier to pick up, pet, and hold. And my mom says she "talks" more now. WTF? I thought it was just meowing, is that what meowing is called, talking as a cat? Like when I stroke her, she meows.

+ Reply to Thread