+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Cat Behaviour

Rules On How To Be A Housecat

BATHROOMS: Always accompany guests to the bathroom. It is not necessary to do anything. Just sit and stare

DOORS
    : Do not allow any closed doors in any room. To get door open, stand on hind legs and hammer with forepaws. Once door is opened, it is not necessary to use it. After you have ordered an "outside" door opened, stand halfway in and out and think about several things. This is particularly important during very cold weather, rain, snow, or mosquito season.

CHAIRS AND RUGS: If you have to throw up, get to a chair quickly. If you cannot manage in time, get to an Oriental rug. If there is no Oriental rug, shag is good. When throwing up on the carpet, make sure you back up so it is as long as a human's bare foot.

HAMPERING: If one of your humans is engaged in some activity and the other is idle, stay with the busy one. This is called "helping," otherwise known as "hampering." Following are the rules for "hampering:"

1) When supervising cooking, sit just behind the left heel of the cook. You cannot be seen and thereby stand a better chance of being stepped on and then picked up and comforted.

2)
    For book readers, get in close under the chin, between eyes and book, unless you can lie across the book itself.

3) For paperwork, lie on the work in the most appropriate manner so as to obscure as much of the work as possible or at least. Pretend to doze, but every so often reach out and slap the pencil or pen.

4) For people paying bills or working on income taxes or Christmas cards, keep in mind the aim: to hamper! First, sit on the paper being worked on.

When dislodged, watch sadly from the side of the table. When activity proceeds nicely, roll around on the papers, scattering them to the best of your ability. After being removed for the second time, push pens, pencils, and erasers off the table, one at a time.

5) When a human is holding the newspaper in front of him/her, be sure to jump on the back of the paper. Humans love to jump.

6) When human is working at computer, jump up on desk, walk across keyboard, bat at mouse pointer on screen and then lay in human's lap across arms, hampering typing in progress .

WALKING: As often as possible, dart quickly and as close as possible in front of the human, especially: on stairs, when they have something in their arms, in the dark, and when they first get up in the morning. This will help their co-ordination skills.

BEDTIME: Always sleep on the human at night so he/she cannot move around.

LITTER BOX: When using the litter box, be sure to kick as much litter out of the box as possible. Humans love the feel of kitty litter between their toes.

HIDING:
    Every now and then, hide in a place where the humans cannot find you. Do not come out for three to four hours under any circumstances. This will cause the humans to panic (which they love) thinking that you have run away or are lost. Once you do come out, the humans will cover you with love and kisses and you will probably get a treat.

ONE LAST THOUGHT: Whenever possible, get close to a human, especially their face, turn around, and present your butt to them. Humans love this, so do it often. And don't forget guests.

Meowwwww!!!!!!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

CCL
    ^^ So true! Why do we love them again?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I KNEW they had a manual!
    Wag more, bark less

You just GOTTA LUV 'EM! Dem silly lil' kitts!

Well, I am definitely trained to please. I was folding up sheets from laundry I did and lo and behold, I discovered that my fitted bed sheet fits wonderfully over the loveseat in my living room. A perfect tent for Mr. Tootles to explore, and hide, and play in. And, if I take his little fur toy on a string and bounce it on the top of the sheet, he can glimpse it through the cotton and whack it into the air. And then do it over and over again.

And I stood there and watched and played with him for HOW LONG? Oh my. He's got my number. And little Miss Gracie is perched peacefully on the top of the cat tree watching us. And you just KNOW she was laughing ....at me.

No wonder I don't get much done around here.

How did this fall to page two???

Ever since my kitty got neutered he's been sleeping alot. And for some reason he's decided that now he'll sleep in his carrier, which suprises me because the only time he's been in it is to go to the vet so you'd think he'd have negative connotations with it! And if you look at him while he's in there, he lets out a little meow, like "why are you disturbing me?"

It's been hard but I'm breaking him of an eating habit of wet food. While recuperating from his above mentioned surgery, I put his pain meds in canned food and he ate it up without any fuss. But after the pills were gone (I swear he became addicted - he would come around meowing for his "fix" of morphine pills) I quit giving him the canned food because I didn't want it to become a habit. Well he wants it and it's been about two weeks since I quit giving it to him. Slowly he's accepting it but maybe that's because I've been sure to give him treats (which now he expects more than once a day and that's just not going to happen!)

ARC: I'm glad your kitty is ok. It's not unusual for them to quiet down after being fixed. I'm sure he'll pick up the pace soon! If I had a daily dose of morphine, I'd sure miss it
    ---------------
    Check out a new Reality Show involving Cats as contestants. The Meow Mix House. What do you think about this kind of thing? Would you watch? Would you VOTE?

Cat Reality Show- Good or Bad?

They gave you pain pills for your cat?! That's amazing! Mine never got those, they just stayed an extra day at the vet's office instead.

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

Quote Originally Posted by Mellon View Post
    They gave you pain pills for your cat?! That's amazing! Mine never got those, they just stayed an extra day at the vet's office instead.
    He went in around 7:30 in the morning and I picked him up after 3 pm. They didn't "give" me the pills, but suggested them as pain meds are supposed to help the pet "heal quicker" according to them. When I filled out the surgery release form there was a check-box asking did I want pain meds or not (for a fee of course but they were only $6 for three days worth) so I opted for them as I had no idea how much pain he'd be in. He did pretty good except for he couldn't sit comfortably the first night.

ETA - since your cat stayed overnight at the vet, maybe they gave him some pain pills while they had him?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    ETA - since your cat stayed overnight at the vet, maybe they gave him some pain pills while they had him?
    They probably do that. I've actually never had a cat come home the same day from a fixin'. I've always sort of assumed it was so the vet could charge the $250 overnight fee (though I really hate being cynical), but I will now assume that the vet's better nature wants to make sure the boys are pain free and doing alright.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Interesting how different vets, and different states and countries even, do things. I know with female cats and dogs, they usually do spend the night after being spayed. But I've never had an instance where a male cat or dog stayed over night after their neutering.

Also, when we lived in CA they gave a rabies shot to our dog that lasted 3 years but in GA we have to have it every year. When I asked my vet in GA about it he said rabies isn't as bad in CA (or at least the area I was in) as it is in GA, therefore it's better to give the shot annually. I actually feel better anyway with the annual shot. Rabies isn't something to take chances with. And, some vets give shots for lyme disease, other's don't. I also inquired about a heartworm pill for my dog that's supposed to take care of tapeworms now, but I found out it's not available in the U.S.

+ Reply to Thread