+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 85 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Cat Behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Looking forward to your pics, cat!

My kitties share time with me as well. Tootles gets the bed with me at night, and Gracie get's her little pillow and place on the couch. Right on top of my Kashmir wool throw from the Smithsonian! She sure has great taste!
    Well, here are some recent pics of my kitty boys, Dennis & Sammy. Dennis is the "big guy"/"gentle giant", the black/brown/white tabby, and Sammy is the "red boy"/"feisty boy", the long-haired tabby who some others, early on, have called a "Maine Coon wannabe"...

Please note that these pics were originally taken by me with the digital camera that is a part of my cellphone. And, I did the best that I could with the (relatively) meager, freeware graphics software program on my PC to edit/fine-tune the images so that you all could better see how my kitties really look.

I have one more pic of Sammy to post. But, I must edit/modify its dimensions to fit those standards for uploading stuff on this forum. So, more to come, later ...

Cat
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by catwoman1955; 05-27-2006 at 02:44 AM.

Those are a couple of lookers there catwoman. Very nice, thanks for sharing.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Don't remember if I mentioned this, but my cat finally learned to use the pet door! Now he comes and goes as he pleases but I don't think he's left the fenced yard. Next week he gets neutered because I don't want him having a reason to wander too far and also I don't want to contribute to the stray population.

I also haven't had to clean the litter box lately either, which is a bonus!

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    Those are a couple of lookers there catwoman. Very nice, thanks for sharing.
    Thank you, and you're welcome ... Here's a photo of Sammy, who, at the time, was ready for his close-up
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think they are going to be fine. The boys have had a couple of hiss fights (and dang, is the little one cute all arched and hissing) The baby stands his ground. The big one has slapped him a couple of times but without claws. I think he is getting used to the idea...he actually stayed in the room instead of hissing and running. The big one is still very friendly with me but hisses at my daughter. I think he blames her.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Catwoman: What wonderful kitties Dennis and Sammy are! Thank you for posting photos!

ArchieComicFan
    : Congrats on the kitty door. I've always thought of one of those but with our winters, it doesn't make sense. And now I keep my kitties leashed in the yard (20ft leads). It's the law. They can't roam free and have to be licensed. But not everyone obeys the law

dagwood: Too funny about your cat hissing at your daughter. It's not unusual for a few hissy fights until they get more accustomed to each other. Happy to hear both they and you are ok through it all.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    I think they are going to be fine. The boys have had a couple of hiss fights (and dang, is the little one cute all arched and hissing) The baby stands his ground. The big one has slapped him a couple of times but without claws. I think he is getting used to the idea...he actually stayed in the room instead of hissing and running. The big one is still very friendly with me but hisses at my daughter. I think he blames her.

Don't worry dagwood. My cats blame my hubby for everything from late dinners to flea baths. They blame him even if he isn't home (as a trucker he isn't here alot). When he does come in they wil hiss at him and ignore him for a full day and then they make up. Hubby always asks " What did I do this time." lol

Dagwood I don't think you have anything to worry about - animals always know when one is a baby and won't actually hurt it - just put it in it's place & show'em who's boss... My girlfriend's going through this right now with her senior cat, and 9 week old Shihtzu puppy (who's absolutely adorable!). The cat is the meanest cat I've ever met; hates people; will hiss & scratch, bite & claw at anyone for anything and she's fairly tolerant of the little guy. She's batted him around a few times - without claws every time - and I think she laughs when the dog goes yelping around the house after she hits him. It's actually quite hilarious & makes me realize that I truly am a cat person. I have been giving the 'bitch' extra attention since the dog came into the picture - she's starting to not hiss at me within two minutes so we're getting there.

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

It seems to be getting better. Earlier they were on opposite sides of the scratching post. The baby was all arched and hissy (mr tough guy) and the older one was just looking at him like he was thinking "What's your problem?"

At one point the baby would tease him by running around the post and slapping him. The big one got sick of it and smacked the baby and sent him rolling. It was hilarious. Just from watching that I got the feeling they will turn out to be good buddies.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

That's great to hear, Dagwood!

BTW, I love your sig line - too adorable!!!

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

+ Reply to Thread