+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 85 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Cat Behaviour

oh, a little Godfather theme, yikes Guttermutter.

I've got four cats, the latest is our bright orange boy we called Robert Red Furred. He is being taught to "hunt" by Peanut, our Alpha Male. Every night I hear them howling and go look in the hall, where they've dragged some object, usually a sock and are hunkering over it. Cats that are inside have the instinct to hunt, but not the "objects" so they improvise.

The double pawed cats mentioned are actually called polydactyls. They look like they are walking on little catcher's mitts.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

My new kitten, Smudge, is just fascinated with my eyes. He is constatly trying to touch my eyeballs with his paws, or worse, trying to lick my eyeballs.

I can put up with a lot of things, but I draw the line at eyeball licking.

For awhile, my Siamese, Tobiko was the mighty hunter of chunks of plastic. He's quite a talker, naturally, and when his mouth is full, it's obvious. He came in through the cat door one time, talking away, with his mouth full, and I was worried about what animal he'd brought in. It turns out that he'd stalked down, trapped and killed a plastic flower from a humming-bird feeder. Another time I came home from work to a chunk of dome light in the hallway. Unfortunately, he's only recently graduated to live rodents.
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by erin_dye
    My new kitten, Smudge, is just fascinated with my eyes. He is constatly trying to touch my eyeballs with his paws, or worse, trying to lick my eyeballs.

I can put up with a lot of things, but I draw the line at eyeball licking.

Stand your ground!

My one friend's cat is so weird. It has a very simple name, Kitty. Kitty likes to lick, not eat, plastic grocery bags. Weird, huh? This the weirdest behavior... Kitty loves cold air, for some reason. It sleeps next to the air conditioner (one of those you put in windows) and tries to go into the freezer if they keep it open for a while. Weird...

Quote Originally Posted by ping007
    My one friend's cat is so weird. It has a very simple name, Kitty. Kitty likes to lick, not eat, plastic grocery bags. Weird, huh?
    Do I know you?

I, too, have a cat named Kitty who loves to lick plastic bags. I thought I just had an oddball for a cat. Maybe it goes with the name?

We used to have a dog named "Boy". Back to cats - last year I left my sock drawer open and the cat had her kittens on top of all my socks (yuck). At school that day, I put on the board: Time to buy new socks. Of course all my classes asked me about it. Hee. Good way to find prospective homes.
    Count your blessings!

My kitten, Arthur, is very acrobatic. He has discovered that he can leap from the floor to my shoulders WITHOUT making any course corrections or digging in a claw! He's the Cirque du Soleil cat! Then he jumps either into the freezer, or rides around on my shoulders, or jumps on top of the refrigerator.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Awww...Arthur! That's a cute name!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Who needs alarm clocks anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    I made the horrible mistake of feeding my cat canned food first thing in the morning. She started anticipating the alarm clock - she'd come sit on top of me about a half hour before it would go off. If it went off and I didn't get up right away, she would pull my little gold hoop earrings out my ear with her teeth.
    I have a 10 yr old Tabby girl, Ms. Mona Lott, and an 8yr old Domestic shorthair boy black & white, Mr. Joey Gerard, and every morning at4:15-4:30AM he jumps up on the bed and starts beating my facce with his paw.. If I don't get up or I roll over, Mona & Joey turn my bed into a race track... back & forth, up & down, around ..you get the picture
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread