+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 85 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Cat Behaviour

Thanks for the info, Mellon. That would explain why my house and yard currently smell like a really unpleasant combination of tomcat and salad. I'm going to look into the paprika thing.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Brandy: My av is a tabby kitten. The devon is the pic in post#473
    Oh! I missed the pic before. Very cute kitten! Nice Devon ears

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    ... and people who adopt cats *clears throat* cats who adopt people -- those people are referred to as STAFF.
    ...Funny, but oh so true. We live to serve them

Cat

Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    Here's some more big Maine Coons, but you have to go to the website to view them...it won't let you get the info to post the pictures.
    www.verismocat.com/htmscripts/leo-guinness.htm
    verismocat.com
    Wow...Leo is a big guy! I've got a big guy at home (Dennis). But, he is a tabby, weighs 27 lbs., and is quite long. When my boy was a kitten, Dennis had big ears (as Leo did in that photo of him as a kitten). At the time, some folks told me that meant that he would be a big cat. Well, they were right...

My other kitty boy (Sammy) looks a lot like a Maine Coon. He weighs about half as much as Dennis. However, Sammy is the alpha kitty, while Dennis is the "gentle giant." They found me, each on his own occasion, when they were kittens. Both are now 8 years old.

WRT strange cat behavior with these two, Sammy wins, on that score ... More on that later...

Cat

Quote Originally Posted by catwoman1955 View Post
    ... I've got a big guy at home (Dennis). But, he is a tabby, weighs 27 lbs., and is quite long. ...
    My other kitty boy (Sammy) looks a lot like a Maine Coon.
    WOW! 27lbs! That's a big boy. I'm not sure if you posted a photo of him if it would actually fit in the screen! You'd have to reduce the image by 50% Sammy sounds like he's a good brother to Dennis.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

If anyone knows any good Devon breeders... either in CA (California) or who will ship... feel free to PM me

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    WOW! 27lbs! That's a big boy. I'm not sure if you posted a photo of him if it would actually fit in the screen! You'd have to reduce the image by 50% Sammy sounds like he's a good brother to Dennis.
    misskitty,

I had to laugh at what you wrote about my "big boy"... ! But, really, the best, most current photos that I have of both of my kitty boys all contain head or partial body shots. I have stored them on my PC, and, also, uploaded the pictures to a web site some months ago. I would like to post them here, but I need to first read the guidelines for doing so in this forum.

As far as the "brotherhood" situation between these two, I would say that Dennis is a better brother to Sammy, in some ways. Although Dennis is the larger, more imposing-looking kitty, he is the one who is most gentle, laid-back, patient, tolerant, and loving, in his fashion. As such, I've seen D. tolerate a lot of Sammy's mischief and/or feisty/agressive tendencies towards him. But, when Dennis has had enough of Sam, I know (if I'm there), 'cause I hear that deep growl, and, most often, Sam has sense enough to back off.

Otherwise, Sammy is a pretty good brother to Dennis, since, at least, he seems to show a certain level of respect and love for him, again in his own fashion. And, although Sammy is feisty and aggressive by nature, as the main one starting the off-and-on fights/wrestling matches between the two, he doesn't harass Dennis. At the end of most days (and, I've found, when I'm not home), these two kitties, with very different personalities, end up snoozing in my bed, and fairly close to each other.

What do they have in common? They both love and nurture me, in their own ways And, amazingly, the boys have worked out their own schedules, so that one can "cover" me, say, during daylight hours, while the other takes the "night/overnight/early A.M shift"... !

Well, more on Dennis and Sammy's individual/collective bios/character sketches later... In the meantime, I will get on the task of posting some photos of my two boys here for y'all to see.

Cat

Looking forward to your pics, cat!

My kitties share time with me as well. Tootles gets the bed with me at night, and Gracie get's her little pillow and place on the couch. Right on top of my Kashmir wool throw from the Smithsonian! She sure has great taste!

I just brought home my new baby kitty. Our older cat isn't very impressed. Right now the baby is still locked in the kitty cage so the bigger one can visit on his own terms and not hurt the baby. I think they will be ok, it will just take a few days.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    ....the baby....
    Isn't that just what those little balls of fur are? Our babies! I'm glad s/he's home with you now and getting adjusted. Kisses to your new BABY!!

Attachment 17402
    Last edited by misskitty; 06-20-2006 at 05:33 AM.

+ Reply to Thread