+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 85 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Cat Behaviour

I hate to say it but I'd be afraid of having a cat as big as the one upthread. What if you upset it? I'd be sleeping with one eye open

And as gaby said, what about the litter box? I hate to clean the one I have now! That kitty probably has human-sized "waste" .

I'll stick with little kitties, thank you

Maddie and Chloe

I thought I would share a few new pictures of the girls...and tattle about some of their strange "habits."
    px. 1 - Every time Chloe walks by the entertainment center and we are watching TV she has to stick her head in the subwoofer. If it makes a loud sound when she's over there she will turn around to us and holler until we come have to come over and move it out away from the wall so she can check the back.
    px. 2 - Maddie LOVES to sleep with her head inside our shoes.
    px. 3 - Chloe LOVES to sleep in the sink...that's one big hair ball!
    px. 4 - I just thought this one was cute. Maddie is just laying there being cute and Chloe is shooting her the dirtest look!

ETA:
    Maddie is doing really well on the new diet for sensitive tummies. They both are really. Chloe is slimming down a little and Maddie doesn't look as gaunt. They are both dollbabies.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Attachment 17005
    Mr. Tootles and Miss Gracie-kins just received Easter kitty Greenies! FOUR different flavor packs: Salmon, Liver, Chicken and Ocean Fish.

They love them. The only thing is, they are very, very hard to crunch so I need to cut them up for Gracie as she is little and can't quite bite them well. I dont' want her to choke. Mr. Tootles has bigger stronger teeth so he's good with them.

Click here to get free sample sent to you from Greenies! If you have more than one cat, click on multiple animals. Otherwise, they won't let you do more than one cat at a time:
    Attachment 17006
    http://smarttreater.com/en/get_green...debdd70e0a31aa
    My cat just got her free sample in the mail (ocean fish, if anyone cares ). It was even addressed to her. I've got to say I was shocked as I received a full-size bag, not the "sample" size I was expecting. I normally pay $4.99 for them.

I have been buying these for some time, and she loves them. She's about 10 lbs. and doesn't have any problems chewing them. If fact, she has to chew them instead of inhaling them--unlike what she used to do with her other treats.

I have a question for those with multiple cats. My friend's cat just had kittens and I have fallen in love with one of them. Any advice on how to introduce the kitten to the adult cat we already have? He has had no interaction with other animals in his life (total inside cat. Afraid to go outside, which is good because I don't want him outside). Also, should I get separate litter boxes or do cats share boxes ok?
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Does anyone know where to get a nice Devon Rex?

I'm allergic to cat dander and thought this might help. Our apts. do not allow dogs.

Then I could add to this thread in future because I hear this breed is hilarious!

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar
    I have a wonderful Burmese. I'm highly allergic to cats but not to her. And no one else who has met her is either.
    Try here - http://www.geocities.com/prairiedawnc/
    Her name is Pam. Long time internet freind. Lots of info about Devon Rex breed. They are such cute cats! Let me know if you like her. Good luck!

Thanks, Mimzy!

I love what she has to say about the Devons, and she has great links, too! There are no kittens available currently at her site, but I will bookmark her. Thanks again!

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar
    You're welcome I talked to her today and she is hoping for three litters this summer. If you are still interested check back. Have you thought about looking up a Devon Rex rescue group. Often these "special" breeds have rescue groups. That way you might get a kitty for free that needs a home.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    I have a question for those with multiple cats. My friend's cat just had kittens and I have fallen in love with one of them. Any advice on how to introduce the kitten to the adult cat we already have? He has had no interaction with other animals in his life (total inside cat. Afraid to go outside, which is good because I don't want him outside). Also, should I get separate litter boxes or do cats share boxes ok?
    Separate litter boxes is a must. At least when we've had two cats, otherwise one of them will often decide to go next to the box rather then in.

I've never had to introduce a kitten, it's always been grown cats, and then I just sort of keep them separated for a few days and little by little introducing them.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by Mimzy View Post
    You're welcome I talked to her today and she is hoping for three litters this summer. If you are still interested check back. Have you thought about looking up a Devon Rex rescue group. Often these "special" breeds have rescue groups. That way you might get a kitty for free that needs a home.
    Ok. I will try to do that. Check in with her web page later on.

I do notice that all Devon breeders have a questionnaire or application form. I think sometimes that it would be easier for bin Laden to get into the country than for an average person to be allowed to own a Devon Rex kitty! There are a LOT of questions and criteria for wanna-be Devon owners!!

I did look up pages that said Rescue Cats... but some had severe medical problems and this would be my first kitty... There were actually not many available, too. Part of me too would hate to be attached and because it's an older cat, lose it sooner Thanks for the suggestion though!

I didn't realise those were free? One site still wanted $500 I thought. Maybe I looked at too many sites and it's all blurring together though, and I'm remembering it wrong. Again thanks for all the tips and help. I wish I could even just go see one of these cats, to figure out if I'm allergic or not! Before I get too invested in this idea of having one.

+ Reply to Thread