+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 85 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Cat Behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    Everyone I know and in speaking to my vet, everyone seems to be in agreement that body harnesses are better for cats than just simple collars, too easy to get out of, to easy to get choked on.
    I do happen to have a couple of harnesses at home from when I trained Finley in correct outdoor behaviour, so maybe I'll give them a try, though Harvey has historically shown a great and vehement reluctance to wear such a contraption. But he seems to become a much mellower cat since Finley moved in. I used to able to politely remove him from my chest by giving a little cough or laugh, but now he just rides out the storm and I have to physically pick him, give him a kiss on the forehead so his feelings don't get hurt, and place him gently on the couch.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I do happen to have a couple of harnesses at home from when I trained Finley in correct outdoor behaviour, so maybe I'll give them a try, though Harvey has historically shown a great and vehement reluctance to wear such a contraption. But he seems to become a much mellower cat since Finley moved in. I used to able to politely remove him from my chest by giving a little cough or laugh, but now he just rides out the storm and I have to physically pick him, give him a kiss on the forehead so his feelings don't get hurt, and place him gently on the couch.
    just too funny to picture....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

My cat has been trying to suck up to me for attention now that we have the puppy. He's taken to coming and laying right next to my face in the morning when he thinks it's time for "us" to get up. And he purrs just to be sure that I think it's cute.

Years ago we tried harnesses on a couple of cats who'd never even worn collars. Both cats kept falling over. Something about the sensation of being pressed....
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

Quote Originally Posted by tracylee
    Years ago we tried harnesses on a couple of cats who'd never even worn collars. Both cats kept falling over. Something about the sensation of being pressed....
    I can just picture that! Both my kitties wear collars with their vet ID and chip ID tags on them. When they go outside, they have harnesses which go around their neck and around their tummies. They're on a 20ft lead so they can be 40ft apart if they want!

Mr. Tootles tends to think his leash weights 100 lbs. He starts walking with his back end lowered like he's hauling around a huge ball and chain. Too funny! He drags his butt around like he's thinking of doing a #2. But he never does. He gets over this after the first couple of weeks though.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Greenies for Cats!

Attachment 17005
    Mr. Tootles and Miss Gracie-kins just received Easter kitty Greenies! FOUR different flavor packs: Salmon, Liver, Chicken and Ocean Fish.

They love them. The only thing is, they are very, very hard to crunch so I need to cut them up for Gracie as she is little and can't quite bite them well. I dont' want her to choke. Mr. Tootles has bigger stronger teeth so he's good with them.

Click here to get free sample sent to you from Greenies! If you have more than one cat, click on multiple animals. Otherwise, they won't let you do more than one cat at a time:
    Attachment 17006
    http://smarttreater.com/en/get_green...debdd70e0a31aa
    Last edited by misskitty; 06-20-2006 at 06:29 AM.

Easter is Over!......Houston, we have a problem!

What's Your Cat's Type?

Here's a cute site

http://web.tickle.com/tests/cattype/...type/index.jsp
    ---------------------------------------

MR.TOOTLES = a Practical Joker

Some jokes never get old. That's most likely the case when your funny feline is around. No matter where your cat gets their humor cues from — Robin Williams, Ellen DeGeneres, or Mike Myers — life's always sure to be a hoot and holler around your house.

You probably can't help but chuckle when your cat pulls out something silly from their bag of tricks. If it means your socks mysteriously end up buried in the sofa or you find a furry body keeping your bed warm under the covers, it's sure to put a smile on your face. Who knew cats had a sense of humor? Yours certainly does...and that's no joke.
    -----------------------

GRACIE = a Serious Soul

It looks like your cat's got quite the serious side. Thoughtful and dedicated, they'd be best suited to share the silver screen with actors with depth like Johnny Depp or Scarlett Johansson in artsy and creative pieces.

Maybe your cat's a little shy. Maybe they're just not into feather wands and balls. Cats can be independent creatures, and yours sometimes enjoys quiet time on their own over a rambunctious game of cat and mouse. No feline is an island, though. So when your budding star is looking for love, be sure to be there to dole out kisses, hugs, and pats on the head. The purrs will make you glad you did!

giz
    Our cat has a reflective, quick release collar. If he tries to hang himself it will open up. We have him wear it cause he goes out at night and we want him to glow a little in the dark for the cars.

I think he's going through his own mini-crisis about his dad (my husband) moving out. I expected the human kids to be sad, but thought the big guy would get over it pretty fast. He used to follow that man around like a dog. He just doted on the h. Now the cat's taken to following me around all the time, and on the weekend when my sort-of ex came over and had a hiss-fit over something and was getting mad at me my great cat bit my husband. Repeatedly. On the leg. My husband wasn't directly threatening the cat or anything, just angry with me, and the cat (who doesn't bite) started biting him and meowling at him. My furry knight in shining armour, coming to my emotional rescue.

Think outside of the box MissLibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by giz View Post
    Our cat has a reflective, quick release collar. If he tries to hang himself it will open up. We have him wear it cause he goes out at night and we want him to glow a little in the dark for the cars.

I think he's going through his own mini-crisis about his dad (my husband) moving out. I expected the human kids to be sad, but thought the big guy would get over it pretty fast. He used to follow that man around like a dog. He just doted on the h. Now the cat's taken to following me around all the time, and on the weekend when my sort-of ex came over and had a hiss-fit over something and was getting mad at me my great cat bit my husband. Repeatedly. On the leg. My husband wasn't directly threatening the cat or anything, just angry with me, and the cat (who doesn't bite) started biting him and meowling at him. My furry knight in shining armour, coming to my emotional rescue.
    That's amazing! Another reason we're so nuts about our pets, they help us out, cheer us up and make us laugh when you least expect it. Good luck!!

+ Reply to Thread