+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 85 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Cat Behaviour

I had a friend whose cat would leap through the air when he came home - fully expecting to be caught. It freaked me out the first few times I saw it.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    It must be in the water. My cat, who my mom adopted (cat-napped), used to nurse on my eyelashes. He would suck on my neck, too, which was okay until he started leaving hickeys. Explain ten hickeys to your boss. "The cat did it while the dog ate my homework."
    The cat gave you hickies..

That is hilarious, JD.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

All the stories are so funny.

And here I thought my cats were the craziest and most spoiled..........

And then there are the crazy people. I had a woman come to my house once and my cat was minding its own business and she freaked out. Apparently very afraid of cats. Now see, I just don't get that. A dog will jump and bite unprovoked, but a cat will never do anything to you if you leave it alone.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by tracylee
    Sounds like he was neutered just a little late to me.

Thats exactly what I was going to say.

I have two cats, both suck on a blanket just before they take a nap.

My cat has recently decided that she suddenly wants to be on my lap when my coffee cup is nearly empty. Full cup? She wants nothing to do with me. I don't know how she knows, but she's been doing it consistently for about 3 weeks now, and it's driving me nuts. I don't have the heart to knock her down without giving her some love.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    My cat has recently decided that she suddenly wants to be on my lap when my coffee cup is nearly empty. Full cup? She wants nothing to do with me. I don't know how she knows, but she's been doing it consistently for about 3 weeks now, and it's driving me nuts. I don't have the heart to knock her down without giving her some love.
    Sounds like my cats and wine glasses, potty breaks and good books. They love you most when it's time to disturb them. If it's just wine, I can usually get dh to sympathise with the cat and re-fill my wine glass for me.
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    The cat gave you hickies..

That is hilarious, JD.

Of course they were teeny hickies, but hickies nonetheless.

So, I talk to my daughter on the phone often, and she won't even wiggle if it would disturb the kings of the house. These cats are total lap-hogs. I thought she was the only one who would suffer through all sorts of trials, tribulations, fire, flood, hurricane, starvation and severe thirst before she would make her babies move. They're CATS, they'll get over it. Try and tell her that.

One of my girls, Chloe, loves to sleep on the couch with us at night while we are watching TV. She doesn't want to be on your lap, just right beside you with one of her front paws touching you at all times. We can shift positions, move her, whatever we try she will maneuver herself so she can touch us. It's so cute.

Last night she was cuddled up to my hubby getting her chin rubbed. As soon as he would stop, she would shoot him a dirty look and bark at him until he started up again. This went on for over an hour until I got up to go get a drink, and like the little person with fur that she is, she had to see what I was doing!

Warning - this one's a little gross. When the weather turns cold and the mice try to come inside, my cat goes crazy catching them and leaving them for me...and I am greatful, but a couple of weeks ago, I turned out the light and got into bed and there was something scratchy against my cheek. I sat up and turned on the bedside light and it was a mouse head. I jumped out of bed and started looking for the body. It was on the backup pillow behind where my head had been. It was really late, so I disposed of the mouse and turned the pillows over and went to sleep. I dealt with the bed clothes the next day and told all my students about it just to gross them out.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread