+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Cat Behaviour

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by scarlett530
    And here I was thinking it was bad that my cat has taken to prowling around on my ceiling. (There is one spot where she can get up into the rafters.) She is 13 years old. She has never done that before, now she likes to hang over my head and yowl at me.

My other set of grandbabies, Biddy and Cornbread (Jessica's cats :rolleyes ), do that too. She has that wallpaper that is textured - and the cats take a flying leap from the bed, land on the wall and either just hang there ( ) or the littler one, Cornbread (he's only about six months old), crawls up and around on the ceiling. This is the first I've ever heard of it, he just started doing it in the last couple of weeks. I wonder if something is going around.

eta: this has got to be one of the funniest threads I have ever read. more! more!
    Last edited by J.D.; 10-29-2004 at 07:19 AM.

My cat likes to sit on the bathtub and drink from the tap of the faucet. She also gets on the table when you are peeling potatoes and licks the water off the peels, she cant have the oldest peel, it has to be the one you are working on currently. She also has this habit of getting in our flower pot (roasted pan) and sleeping with the plants. I have told her I was going to put her in the oven and roast her. ... just kidding folks, I couldnt do her that way. Her name is "Rascal".. very fitting name for her

Sad, true, gross story

Okay, I have 2 inside cats and 1 inside/outside cat.
    All week I smelled this strange odor comming from my dressing room...
    couldn't find anything until last nite. I lift up the area rug and there it was, flat as a board...a mouse. Either my g/f or myself must have stepped on this poor lil mouse that was hiding after he got away from our cats. Thank goodness it was found!
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    It was SICK!!!!!
    I can't even get into how grossed out I was.. it was flat as a pancake, starting to stink..
    Then, after Zaaam got rid of it...I kept imagining what it would look like, smell like, etc if we DIDN'T find it. So my imagination got me dry heaving for about 10 minutes.

Our inside/outside girl brings in live animals somewhat a lot because we live near a creek. Then, after bringing them in..she leaves them for the two boys to play with. It's not fun, for us anyway.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I know how gross that can be. I used to have an inside/outside cat that would bring half dead things home all the time. But you have to realize that to a cat he/ she loves you and is bringing you a wonderful treasure.

I made the horrible mistake of feeding my cat canned food first thing in the morning. She started anticipating the alarm clock - she'd come sit on top of me about a half hour before it would go off. If it went off and I didn't get up right away, she would pull my little gold hoop earrings out my ear with her teeth.
    Count your blessings!

I had a kitten once that would bite my eyelids if I was sleeping when she wanted attention. I learned to sleep on my face.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Well glad to see that not only is my cat not the only nutcase out there, but he is not the only pervert.

Another interesting thing about this same cat is that he likes to be slapped really hard. On his side is preferred although he doesn't mind it on his back. And I am not talking lightly, it is a horrible sound and when people who don't know the cat come over and see this they are quite disturbed.
    At this turning point in our relationship with Earth, we work for an evolution: from dominance to partnership; from fragmentation to connection; from insecurity, to interdependence. The David Suzuki Foundation

My previous Siamese would try to pull me out of bed by the hair. It was short then, and I'd wake up with him standing over me with my hair in his mouth pulling as hard as he could so I'd get up and give him fresh food.

My husband wakes up frequently with Tigger's paws in his mouth. Just one reason that I keep the body pillow on my side of the bed. He doesn't sleep on that side.
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    I had a kitten once that would bite my eyelids if I was sleeping when she wanted attention. I learned to sleep on my face.

It must be in the water. My cat, who my mom adopted (cat-napped), used to nurse on my eyelashes. He would suck on my neck, too, which was okay until he started leaving hickeys. Explain ten hickeys to your boss. "The cat did it while the dog ate my homework."

+ Reply to Thread