+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 85 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Cat Behaviour

I haven't had the fear of things jumping out from under the bed at me for a long time now. But now that we have a kitten, all that has changed! I was folding clothes, without socks on, and something from under the bed scratched my foot. I almost jumped out of my skin until I rememeberd that I own a cat. Needless to say, I gave him a good talking to!

Another thing he does is he'll run around wildly with a crazed look on his face like he's either chasing something or being chased. He really freaks me out when he does that.

And if he's in my lap and I move and disturb his royal highness, he lets out a little meow like "why are you disrupting my sleep?".

ArchieComicFan, I would call all of that normal cat behavior!

I love where you gave him a good talking to. Let us know if that helps! (it never has with mine, )

Your new kitty sounds very sweet.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

whats not normal about that post? nothing. But I am about the good talking to....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    ...And if he's in my lap and I move and disturb his royal highness, he lets out a little meow like "why are you disrupting my sleep?".
    his royal highness has certainly made his position in your household clear! Welcome to the wonderful entertaining world of kittydom!

Gut Regarding Julitta and Ruby, check out For Animal Lovers, #1744. Things are looking good!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

My "Animal Lovers" only goes up to #1725. ??
    Count your blessings!

FORT Newbie
    It's not really strange behavior, but we have three cats that sleep with us (we have four, but one hates the others). We bought a king sized bed, thinking it would be enough room for all, but they sleep next to me :-( I think I am going to have to start closing the door so I can get a good night's sleep!

Libby

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by lpelham View Post
    It's not really strange behavior, but we have three cats that sleep with us (we have four, but one hates the others). We bought a king sized bed, thinking it would be enough room for all, but they sleep next to me :-( I think I am going to have to start closing the door so I can get a good night's sleep!

Libby
    Unless you have a cat that rattles the door, meowing. My cat hates the door being closed on him. He's fine to sleep with, though I'm sure 3 is a bit much!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by lpelham View Post

Libby
    HAHAHAHAHA good luck with the door closing thing. I tried that and Joey would run and throw himself against the door, and in the middle of the night 17 pounds of cat body slamming a door is not very conducive (sp) to sleep.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    My "Animal Lovers" only goes up to #1725. ??
    Sorry Gut. I meant 1722. 2 + 2 =4 so that's where I got the 4 and then doubled it ....?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    I haven't had the fear of things jumping out from under the bed at me for a long time now. But now that we have a kitten, all that has changed! I was folding clothes, without socks on, and something from under the bed scratched my foot. I almost jumped out of my skin until I rememeberd that I own a cat. Needless to say, I gave him a good talking to!

My old lovely kitty almost killed me doing something similiar. It was my first time watching Aliens, my hair was down, and my feet propped up on the coffee table. Of course, just as the alien pops out of the stomach my cat decides to bump the underside of my leg withher head as she walks by. I freak out, gasp, and swallow my hair, choking on it as I pull it out of my throat (which was hard, seeing as how it's attached to my head and all that)

Get used to them jumping out at you at the entirely wrong moments! It's all in affection on their side of course. Or is it????

+ Reply to Thread