+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 85 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Cat Behaviour

Mr. Knightley is afraid of everything. Lovable, but a big old scaredy cat. He scurries around the house like something is going to jump out at him, even though he has had nothing but total love and care here.

Austen dreams when he sleeps and occasionally wakes up with a startled hiss. Wonder what he's dreaming about?

Bennet loves music. He comes whenever I play the piano or sing and lays on his back with all his paws out and relaxed. He usually falls asleep. However, if I have a CD on of classical music and a clarinet starts tooting, he gets very startled and runs from the room.

Mr. Darcy won't relax his front legs when you hold him. They are always stiff as a ramrod on my shoulder when I carry him around. I guess he's more comfortable that way!

Cats are such unique creatures...

CCL
    I love how all your cats are named after Austen & her characters, bonsai!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Thanks CCL! They are my babies. Love your avatar by the way.

Okay, haven't read this one yet- My beautiful fluffy orange baby named Tigger has a thing he does- curious if anyone eles's baby does this. Whenever I raise my voice to one of my son's, he immediately runs to whichever son I am yelling at (VERY rarely do I yell!) and sits on him facing forward like he is protecting him. The thing is, how does he know which kid I am yelling at?!
    Go Tigers!

How does he know which son you're yelling at? Cats are smart smart smart.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    Okay, haven't read this one yet- My beautiful fluffy orange baby named Tigger has a thing he does- curious if anyone eles's baby does this. Whenever I raise my voice to one of my son's, he immediately runs to whichever son I am yelling at (VERY rarely do I yell!) and sits on him facing forward like he is protecting him. The thing is, how does he know which kid I am yelling at?!
    Sorta similar.. Many, many, many years ago I had a calico cat named Kiki. I was in an awful relationship and we fought a lot. Well, Kiki absolutely didn't like my gf at the time and would never go near her. When we'd get in a fight (yelling), Kiki would come up to me and grab one of my legs, and wouldn't let go. Bear hugging me, if I was walking..she'd be latched on. Sorta like when a little kid stands on your feet and you walk with them. Then, if I ignored her, she'd bite my leg to get my attention. Her and I were inseparable, I absolutely adored her to pieces. I know that all she was doing was trying to console me and/or get me to stop arguing.
    I've never forgot about that special lil girl. The CAT that is.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    Cats are smart smart smart.
    Then why does mine keep breaking my Christmas ornaments while I'm at work when he knows I'll be mad when I get home?
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Then why does mine keep breaking my Christmas ornaments while I'm at work when he knows I'll be mad when I get home?
    Hey, there's a difference between being smart and being pesky. I'm sure he knows it bugs you but, hey, fun is to be had and he's not letting your feelings stop him.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    How does he know which son you're yelling at? Cats are smart smart smart.
    Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Hey, there's a difference between being smart and being pesky. I'm sure he knows it bugs you but, hey, fun is to be had and he's not letting your feelings stop him.
    Yup and because he can! HE IS AFTER ALL A FELINE!
    I do hope however even if you are mad about that, that you do not yell or hit him. PS- PUT unbreakable ornaments within reach so he can bat them around all day.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

This isn't strange, but, as it is that Christmas time of year, what kind of tree can I have that my kitts won't eat! Little Gracie-kins eats real tree needles, gets sick, throws up. Mr. Tootles eats fake tree needles, gets sick, throws up. It would be nice this year to actually have a tree and not have any"one" get sick.

Any suggestions? (other than cardboard, of course!) Tks.

+ Reply to Thread