+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Cat Behaviour

My kitties also like sit on the kitchen sink and watch ice melt and slip in the garbage disposal.........they have no life. But I love them

Mine do funny things - Doyle (my male cat) hides everything under the couch. I look everywhere for his toys and it wasn't until we just redid our floors in the livingroom that I found them all. He also howls when his dish is a quarter full from the bottom. He drinks water a pawful at a time.

Willow (my female) will sit at your feet waiting to be invited up for cuddles for days if you let her and she looks completely pathetic while she does it - it's absolutely adorable. She loves to sit like a frog on my lap when I'm petting her. She rolls back and forth for hours on the rug. Oh yeah, she's not exactly all right in the head and never lands on her feet so we try not to let her roll off anything. She's fine if she jumps but she always lands with a thud if she's rolled off the couch or the bed.

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

I have four kitties, all boys, all neutered. Every one of them has one weird thing they do. Rollo can unscrew caps off of things (if they aren't on too tight). He likes soda tops the best but really anything is fine. He gets them and carries them around in his mouth, bats them around, etc. Spot likes to play fetch with aluminum foil balls. Paper works too but for some reason the aluminum is his fav. Armand is the bathroom kitty. If someone is in there, he will cry and scratch the door until they let him in. He especial likes bath time. Flea is likes to nurse on my husbands ear. If he isn't around Flea will take a nose, but no one else's ear. Kitties are very funny animals!

We once got a kitten for my son for Christmas. When I went to pick it up, the family told me her name was Silva. I told them that was such an unusual name and by the oddest fate, my grandmother's name was Silva. I asked why they named her that. They told me a story about the smoke alarm going off and she hid and they looked all over and finally found her in the drawer with the "silva" (this is New England). HA! On Christmas night she got out of her box and came upstairs and fell asleep on my son's chest. He woke up to find his Christmas kitten sleeping right on top of him.
    Count your blessings!

I have a pair of shoes that my male 16 year old fights with. Just 1 pair, no others. I've only worn them a couple of times as they aren't very comfortable. They sat on the steps for quite sometime and he used to knock them off, wrap his paws around them and kick them with his rear paws like cats do when they fight.
    The shoes finally made it under my bed and Tigger never messed with them again. The other morning he was raising hell with the deep meow howl at 5 a.m. when he wanted fed. I reached under the bed, grabbed a shoe and threw it at the door to scare him. Damn cat started fighting the shoe again. He's crazy.

FORT Fogey
    My cat does that too Unk. She's about 10 years old, but once she gets a hold of my sandals, she goes crazy. She just attacks that thing like it's alive and tears it apart. There are huge teeth and claw marks all over my sandals. They look like they've made it through the paper shredder and back. They used to be my favorite sandals, but not anymore! I still love my Kitty though.

Quote Originally Posted by charfred

So basically does anyone else have a neutered male that has sex with your clothing while dragging it around the house yowling?
    Yep - my parents have a cat that does that - sweaters are his favorite, but he's taken on a pillow or two in his day. I've given up several sweaters after he had his way with them. Like I'd want it back after that, right? The worst part is that he'll often start off in the back of the house and gradually work his way into the living room/dining room. It's really fun when they have company.
    You'll never see THAT on Stupid Pet Tricks!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

So basically does anyone else have a neutered male that has sex with your clothing while dragging it around the house yowling?
    Not clothes, but my sister had a neutered male that would have sex with a roll of fiberglass insulation they had under their stairs.

(tell me that didn't make the guys reading this shudder)
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Thanks Dag. Now I'm itching like crazy.

Okay so my one cat has this weird thing he does and I was wondering if anyone had something similar to report.

He is a neutered male and he likes to take clothing, blankets, etc and drag them around the house yowling at the top of his lungs. The vet suggested that it was him bringing us prey as he always takes the item to where people are. However, I have seen how he behaves with them and he seems to be having a bit of a intimate moment with them. I have seen more that lets me know that this is sexual, but don't want to disgust anyone.

Sounds like he was neutered just a little late to me.
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

+ Reply to Thread