+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 85 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Cat Behaviour

Jewelsy, I can understand the food frustration! I've two comfy cats, to put it politely. Willow is about 9" tall and maybe a foot long not including her tail, but I swear she's at least 7" wide! LOL Bless her heart, I just can't seem to restrict her diet since she was literally skin & bones when she appeared on my doorstep.

Doyle is BIG - 17lbs big, but just HUGE. I have a feeling that he's a lot like Gabriel's cats - and there's not a lot of fat on him - he's just one big boy! I will get around to measuring him one of these days but I know tip to tail he's over 3'... just one big boy!

I'm glad to hear that your babies are doing much better, Jewelsy. Doyle's actually allergic to plastic of all things - and I found that out by making him drink from a plastic dish & noticing all these sores on his chin... yup - allergic reaction. I can always tell when he's been playing in a shopping bag because he'll get his chin sore again.

Mr. Mel has been away on business for most of the summer and Doyle has decided that his mama rules! Mr. Mel is home about once every two or three weeks for the weekend, and the cats completely ignore him - I'm the queen in my world!

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

Quote Originally Posted by Mellon
    Jewelsy, I can understand the food frustration! I've two comfy cats, to put it politely. Willow is about 9" tall and maybe a foot long not including her tail, but I swear she's at least 7" wide! LOL Bless her heart, I just can't seem to restrict her diet since she was literally skin & bones when she appeared on my doorstep.

Doyle is BIG - 17lbs big, but just HUGE. I have a feeling that he's a lot like Gabriel's cats - and there's not a lot of fat on him - he's just one big boy! I will get around to measuring him one of these days but I know tip to tail he's over 3'... just one big boy!

I'm glad to hear that your babies are doing much better, Jewelsy. Doyle's actually allergic to plastic of all things - and I found that out by making him drink from a plastic dish & noticing all these sores on his chin... yup - allergic reaction.

It's not easy trying to get them to eat something different than the other. Yup Doyle sounds like Joey 18 lbs of muscle, about 12 -13 tall and about 2 1/2 feet long if not longer. Joey & Mona both eat & drink off of out of china, plastic gave them acne badly.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    My Kowboy (2 y.o. Tuxedo boy @ 15 lbs) has an allergic reaction to fleas. Talk about rediculous. His lips swell up YUGE to the point they look human. It's actually rreally funny and we can't help but laugh (NOT in front of him tho), but we also feel terrible cuz you know he's just miserable.
    This year was great, he only had one reaction. Which means he has had NO fleas!!

My other boy, Kudo.. the one who sleeps every.single.night in between us.. has decided that he doesn't want to sleep with us anymore. It really, really, really bothers me.
    I'll go and grab him about a half dozen times & force him to get in bed.. but what he does is he'll pretend he's zoning out, falling asleep.. waits for me to relax..then, suddenly BOING!! He jets outta there by flying across my face. Scares the crap outta me every time!!
    This morning as I was leaving for work.. I happened across him all bundled up in a deep sleep on the couch.

I just might have to trade him in for a new kitten, one that'll CONTINUE with the sleeping arrangements. & I will too!!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Awww Maveno! I can understand! I missed my cuddlekitties this weekend since Mr. M was home and tends to shoo them off the bed! I woke up to have Willow at my feet and right beside me curled up in my pile of clothes beside my side of the bed was Doyle, just happy as can be. They'll be in Mr. M's side of the bed tonight - just like they should be! He's gone back to Vegas so I'm back to being on my own. They're gonna be pissed when I'm gone for 10 days next month though!

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

My Finley has developed a new, kinda-cute-while-I'm-awake, not-so-cute-when-I'm-asleep habit - he licks my head. It's slightly painful (roughest tongue of any cat I've ever had the pleasure of being licked by), but I don't particularly mind it when I'm sitting on the couch. But he curls around the top of my head when I'm sleeping and starts licking to beat the band, which not surprisingly wakes me up. I'm not using a new shampoo, and the one I am using is scented with verveine, not tuna, so I'm not sure what his deal is. Would anyone have any idea why he's doing this, and short of wearing a shower cap to bed, how I can make him stop? I, of course, will not be kicking him off the bed or out of the bedroom. The constant rumbling purr almost makes up for the lick, lick, lick...
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    I'm trying to figure out why my cat will ignore me all day but is now my best friend at about 3am. She doesn't want to get fed, she wants to be petted and stroked. I would love to do that at about 10pm. This has been going on for days and I'm getting more tired then usual.
    I have chosen to believe that my kitty does the same thing because he wants what he can't have ! Just like people- he only wants my attention when I least want to give it. It's more of a challenge, and all living things love a challenge. I also thinks he wants to know "Just How Much" I love him!
    Go Tigers!

I just wanted to say thank you to those who wrote about the plastic dishes causing problems....a couple of weeks ago mine started having the very same problem (sores on his neck) and I remembered this thread and changed to glass dishes. Problem solved! I never would have guessed it was the plastic.

Tanker's fur is now growing back and he's a happy kitty again.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Fan
    Bambi - I can't believe that there's another cat out there with an obsession for green olives!

My Percy would take the olive, run to a corner of the kitchen, turn around and stand up on his back legs with the olive in his mouth. Then he'd run towards me on only his back legs, yowling the entire time. He'd do this two or three times, then you could see the olive making it's way down his throat.

The other cat in the house, Helen, would just look down her nose at him and stalk off.

giz
    We pulled into the driveway yesterday to be greeted by the sight of beastly cat holding some kind of dead thing in his mouth, waiting at the bottom of the front steps. "oh no, look at that, we'll get out" I said to my son "and we'll run for it." "Run, boy, run" we take off for the back door with the cat in hot pursuit, present in his mouth. We just make it in on time. Why oh why do they do this? When has a person ever wanted a dead rodent for a present? Couldn't he get gift certificates?

Finley, my avatar, is a championship quality killer of birds. I am, in general, not happy about this. I am specifically not happy that he brings them into the house and takes them into the bathtub, which always has the shower curtain closed, and does it in there - his own private killing field. I am then faced with the corpse, which he always removes and drops on the den carpet, and the snowstorm of feathers that I have to vacuum from the tub before I have my shower.

I am extremely happy, however, that Harvey is a championship quality killer of rodents. Them I can live without and there's no vacuuming involved. I did, however, purchase a cheap pair of kitchen tongs to use as a corpse-removal tool. Very handy.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread