+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 85 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Cat Behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Aww Jewels that is cool. With the time change tonight it means Tigger will now be waking me up at 4:15 a.m. for breakfast instead of 5:15 every day.

Thanks for the reminder Unklescott... it will be about the same here give or take about 15 minutes
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I'm trying to figure out why my cat will ignore me all day but is now my best friend at about 3am. She doesn't want to get fed, she wants to be petted and stroked. I would love to do that at about 10pm. This has been going on for days and I'm getting more tired then usual.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    I'm trying to figure out why my cat will ignore me all day but is now my best friend at about 3am. She doesn't want to get fed, she wants to be petted and stroked. I would love to do that at about 10pm. This has been going on for days and I'm getting more tired then usual.
    Why you ask? because they can....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Bought my cat a catnip toy and he really isn't interested in it. Does it grow on them or are there some that just don't like catnip?

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Bought my cat a catnip toy and he really isn't interested in it. Does it grow on them or are there some that just don't like catnip?
    There are some cats who just don't like it. Joey sniffs & walks away. Mona eats it and goes to sleep.. go figure.

This is the second cat I have had that has no interest in it. My babysitter has three cats and they all get hyped up when it is even in the room. Glad to know my cats aren't the only ones.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Daggy, you said you like to tease your cats (and no, I don't think it's mean). What *I* do is maybe meaner, but I swear, he likes it. Dusty LOVES to have his tail pulled. I think he gets turned on. I'm not talking "yanking" it hard, just a constant pull. He semi-struggles to get away, and then turns his back-end up to me to do it again. And he purrs LOUDLY when I do this. It's a nightly play thing we do.

Oh yeah, and the vet said my boys, especially Jasper, need to go on a diet. After Jasper had a urinary block almost two years ago, I feed both of them 'Prescription Diet' which is very high in fat. I've never really monitored their food - they always have a full bowl.

I'm trying so hard to feed them twice a day (like the vet said), but they're driving me nuts. If there's no food, they go into destroy mode; jumping into drawers and digging everything out, turning their bowls upside down, messing up papers, etc.

I'm trying so hard not to give in to their rebellious ways, but it's getting on my last nerve.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Jewels - I have a cat named Jasper too!

Since winter is finally coming and I've started to indulge myself in hot chocolate in the evenings, Jasper's bizarre marshmallow addiction has resurfaced. He LOVES those little marshmallows! He doesn't play with them, he eats them! I can come home with a bag of them and, if I leave them out on the counter, he will get up and try to chew the bag open. He comes running when I get the bag out and starts begging (standing on his hind legs) and crying for one. Then he licks the bejesus out of it until it's stuck to the kitchen floor or covered with carpet fuzz, at which point, I throw it out. He also has a love of sugar cookies, Twinkies, yogurt and Grape Nuts.

Here's an av I made of him, but have never gotten around to using:
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL
    Marshmallows. He's a cutie, Critical.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Awww Critical, we have kids with the same name!
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

+ Reply to Thread