+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 85 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Cat Behaviour

Now that the heat is on, my cat sleeps directly above the heating unit at the top of my bed, so I have to scrunch down for her. Gabriel - I know that feeling of waking up with a cat tail moustache.
    Count your blessings!

I am really happy to know that I'm not the only one who will sacrifice her sleeping position so that the boy's will be comfortable (that's Finley to the left). I've got Fin sleeping on my pillow surrounding my head like a cloche, and Harvey resting comfortable between my knees so I can't toss and/or turn. And this from a woman who won't go to sleep on anything less than 300 count 100% cotton sheets. Man, Mr. Rattus and I love the little dudes.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I completely forgot to post what the vet's results were.

They have fleas. And Jasper is ALLERGIC to fleas. He completely broke out and was rubbing/scratching/biting himself raw. I have no clue how they 'caught' these nasty critters, because like I mentioned before, they're indoor cats, BRAND NEW CARPET, no cat in apartment before me, etc. The vet said that she couldn't *see* any fleas, but there was evidence of "flea dirt" (the droppings) in Jasper's coat, as well as on Dusty.

This is the first time either of them have had fleas. Vet said that I *definitely* would've known if Jasper had them before because of the allergic reaction.

So, $415 later (they got all their shots too... and that flea guard protection thingie that goes on the back of their head), they're on the road to recovery. AND, no more tub scratching going on. :nono

Dusty is back to sleeping with me, but Jasper's just not ready yet. Soon. Soon...
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

CCL
    Hm, allergic to fleas. Never heard of that one. It is a puzzle where they got it from. But it's good you've found out what it is and that it is something which can be fixed quite easily, Jewelsy. I'm glad they are on their way to feeling better - I'm sure Jasper will be back on that bed soon.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Ok. I know this isn't strange behavior, but am I the only one who likes to tease their cat? My cat is right now in "freak out mode". His eyes are huge and he is acting like he is protecting us from the mail, etc. You know, play mode. Well, when he gets like this I like to rattle paper to watch him fly. I also like to knock on the counter or desk to watch him hide. (he is afraid of strangers and hides if someone other than my daughter or myself is in the house) Am I cruel?

My newest foster, 6 years old - been here a few weeks, is now completely copmfortable with myself and the other cat, I have a big box in the middle of my room that I haven't yet broken down. This new cat loves to go, hit the other cat upside the head, then run and jump into the box hunkering down. It's a little hide and seek thing she has going on. Meanwhile, the other foster has taken to a red fuzzy ball that she likes to place in and out of my shoe (ball goes in shoe, ball comes out of shoe, ball goes in shoe, ball comes out of shoe) and then carries it ALL over the house, even when she's climbing the cat tree, there's the fuzzy red ball in her mouth. She likes to place it inside things, which I find really cute. However, she has a major licking fetish - me, the blanket, herself, anything that comes in some kitty radious of her tongue, it's licked. and hse can lick my arm raw, she doesn't care if it's 1 second or half an hour. Ad to the fact that her tongue is LONG (from tip of middle finger to knuckle, she just drags it across my finger, wrist, ankle, whatever.) I have to post new pictures so some NYer can adopt her!

Aw, that sounds adorable Glitter. I hope you find a good home for her.
    Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Weeeee, Jasper finally slept with me last night. He's feelin TONS better now that we have his allergies under control. Phew... He's much more relaxed now.

"Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Aww Jewels that is cool. With the time change tonight it means Tigger will now be waking me up at 4:15 a.m. for breakfast instead of 5:15 every day.

for you and Jasper, Jewelsy!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread