+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 85 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Cat Behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by giz
    I'd like to clarify, for sake of cat's dignity, that while he is 20 pounds, he is also very tall and carries it well. Until he rolls upside down, then he looks like a seal. Also, and I was thinking while I was typing that this might not translate, his name's not Jessie. It's sort of a British expression meaning big wimp. His name is Tuvoc (sigh and embarassment and long story involving him being adopted as an adult and not wanting to confuse him - he looks like an Ernest really).

CCL, we are fortunate Tuv does not lick, as despite having his teeth brushed by husband, he has atrocious meat-blob breath. It would serve his cause of waking us up though!
    Maybe I should do the same, Joey is 17 Lbs stands about 12 -13" has very little body fat (according to his Doctor) and is a normal size for a domestic american shorthair boy. People look at him when he sits sometimes and go oooh hes fat! - After I get done ripping them to shreds verbally I pick him up and say here run your hands over him and tell me where the fat is? Guess what? NONE
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I believe you Gabriel...My hubby had a cat when he was growing up that was huge. He was a big Manx, and was over 20 pounds. He used to bring rabbits home from the surrounding field. I have seen pictures of him, and he was a very athletic looking cat...and I wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley!!!

giz
    Well, Tuv is chubby And tall (think a furry Stephen Fry). I like a well-upholstered cat. Being tall, though, he does not have that butterball appearance. The cat next door (longhair tabby) is short and fat, and looks like he's wearing a raccoon coat.

I have two fosters now, that might become permanent fixtures because they are older rubenesque females, and everyong wants a 'cute kitten' - they are not beautiful in the conventional sense, but big and dominating. I have never been licked more in my life, I sware I'm raw. One likes to take my arm and just lick every exposed part, from elbow to finger tips (if I let her - I don't have the patience or lack of nerves to allow that, those tongues are just a million barbs you know) I wake up to her licking my forhead. The other, and bigger of the two (probably 15 pounds) likes to lie on my stomach (she does the 3 am dive for the santa jello-like tummy of mine) and will also oh so softly push her paw against my lips if I, in my dying to get back to sleep phase, stop petting her. She has also begun licking me. I had my love kitty Penny for a long time, we were very close - never licking, but the rescue guy tells me it's what kittens due to their mother. Bull, they are thinking of the best way to prepare me, and with white or red wine. It's because I locked the nip up, I know it. I have to start a special rescue for ugly kitties, because they need the most love as they have to watch all the young cute things go to homes as they sit in cages. They need just as much love and security as the trendy animals. *sigh* I guess that's NYC for ya',

Quote Originally Posted by Glitternerfball
    They need just as much love and security as the trendy animals. *sigh* I guess that's NYC for ya',
    Just like people, to look past the outer self.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

giz
    I prefer cats myself. Not immune to the charms of the wee'uns, but you know where you are with cats. We adopted our furbeast as an adult because A) you know what their personality is and B) no-one wants adults so you get that warm fuzzy feeling of do-gooderness. He was supposedly 18 months old, but we (and the vet) suspect older.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by giz
    Well, Tuv is chubby And tall (think a furry Stephen Fry). I like a well-upholstered cat.
    Ok, that's just too funny a description.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

giz
    Thanks CCL. I blame Geekthegirl, as she has outed her love for Stephen Fry in the Strangely Attracted to thread. Now I've got him on the brain. I must add that I once knew a cat who looked just like Patrick Stewart, patrician attitude and all.

My kitten, Boi, is frightened of the sound my DVD player makes. And my dad recently bought a surround system thingy for a plasma TV he bought (I am wondering why my dad bought it, but it's great!) and he recoils in terror if he hears a big boom from it. Then again, he is a kitten and a scaredy-cat. But what I like about him is his fur is so soft and he goes limp if you carry him. And he's such a crybaby!!! And he's also strangely fascinated with my feet and fingers. Hmm.

treat him well and enjoy it. He'll get over the sounds if he hears them enough. Joey & Mona also do a double take when theres a boom on the tv or surround sound...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

+ Reply to Thread