+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 85 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Cat Behaviour

My sister's cat had similar trouble with urinary tract infections, but he's been much better since she adjusted his diet. If anyone has cats that like running water, they actually make kitty water fountains for your cats. My sister has one for her cat and he doesn't mind it. I considered getting one for my kitten, but he's a scaredy cat and would probably hide under the couch if I got him one.

My kitten, Bear, has a strange habit of standing straight up on his hind legs like a meek rat or a bear. It's very cute, and he'll actually sit up on his hindquarters for awhile. I had a picture somewhere, I'll see if I can find it. And because I love my kitty, here's a picture:

I love reading all of your stories, cats are so crazy!
    Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

starlett - just adorable!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Gabriel:
    Your Joey looks just like my cat I had talked about in the post above who pooped in the bathtub!!! My kitty was Patches and he weighed almost 20 pounds and he use to love to get up on top of the TV and lay on it all sprawled out like your Joey!! Patches lived to be almost 21 years old and it was an absolute devastating day to our whole family when he passed away. As a matter of fact, he died in that bathtub. He got to where he would lay in the tub and my dad would leave the water trickling for him and Patches would lay close enough so he could reach the water and that's where he died. I can still see in my mind my daddy kneeling over the bathtub and just sobbing when he found Patches. I didn't know which was worse-Patches dying or seeing my dad so heartbroken!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

My cat is such a dork. If you open a package or a FedEx envelope (basically anything made of cardboard with a pull tab strip) he will come thundering in from anywhere in the house, leap into the air, grab it out of your hand and immediately "kill" it.

I am such a dork that if I open a tab like that at work, I do stand there and subconsciously wait for the impending attack!
    Wag more, bark less

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie5632
    My cat is such a dork. If you open a package or a FedEx envelope (basically anything made of cardboard with a pull tab strip) he will come thundering in from anywhere in the house, leap into the air, grab it out of your hand and immediately "kill" it.

I am such a dork that if I open a tab like that at work, I do stand there and subconsciously wait for the impending attack!
    Haha, that sounds very familiar for some reason. LOL
    Mine is all about bubble wrap. As soon as he sees it, he jumps onto it, all four legs in one leap and just goes crazy in it. Plastic bags and the aluminum wrap, like so many others I read on this board, is also a big attraction. Oh, and empty boxes...they rather sleep in a Bud Light box, than a nice pillowed, cat bed. Pfft.
    Adversity reveals genius. -Horace

Gabriel: just checking out this thread and your story about trying to feed one cat something and keeping the other one away reminded me of a friend of mine. She has 2 cats and one is, shall we say, a little chubby. The other is normal/skinny. She leaves the thin cat's food out and puts a box over it with a door cut in it so only the small cat can get in. I was visiting her one time, and woke up to find "fatty" stuck in the hole trying to get the food. Too funny. However, he gave up after a while, and the problem was solved. I saw him recently and he is much healthier looking with a change in his diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie5632

That is great! - I can open a package of beef jerky and JOEY comes arunnin' like his butt is on fire. Mona saunters in, looks around and *yaaawn*
    - The Dean Martin Show -

[QUOTE=Jewelsy]Do any of your cats ever "scratch" the inside of your bathtub? Feverishly? It's almost like they're trying to escape the inside of the tub.

Both of my boys have recently started doing this, and it seems they're stressed or unhappy while doing so. They have a scratching post which they frequently use, and they're really good about not scratching my furniture or carpet./QUOTE]

One of mine loves to do that, but only seems determined, not distressed.
    Then she flops down & rolls around in the tub, pulls the bathmat down on top of herself & wriggles around under it. Maybe they're just frustrated that they can't dig their claws into the surface? I also have a declawed cat who has detroyed a chair just by frequently running her paws across it, so maybe the clawing & pawing is just a cat being a cat?
    The combination of a recent move, your stress, & new carpet could all be cause for discomfort. I hope you'll let us know what the vet has to say.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile
    Gabriel: just checking out this thread and your story about trying to feed one cat something and keeping the other one away reminded me of a friend of mine. She has 2 cats and one is, shall we say, a little chubby. The other is normal/skinny. She leaves the thin cat's food out and puts a box over it with a door cut in it so only the small cat can get in. I was visiting her one time, and woke up to find "fatty" stuck in the hole trying to get the food. Too funny. However, he gave up after a while, and the problem was solved. I saw him recently and he is much healthier looking with a change in his diet.
    oh that is too much! --
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    That is great! - I can open a package of beef jerky and JOEY comes arunnin' like his butt is on fire. Mona saunters in, looks around and *yaaawn*
    Mona reminds me so much of our Sydney. I didn't think I was much of a cat person but I really do miss her.
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread