+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fight Breast Cancer

*Bump*
    Can't let this fall of the front page. I know y'all can think of some more people to send this to. I did.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Fight Breast Cancer

Today is the beginning of Breast Cancer Awareness Month and I was watching the Today show this morning and they had several segments regarding a new way you can help find a cure for breast cancer.

Its called an Army of Women and they want healthy women to sign up and when researchers need certain test groups, they will contact you and you might have to donate blood, urine, saliva etc for them to use in the test groups. They are trying to find the reasons why healthy women develop breast cancer.

Please click on the link and join and be sure forward to all your female friends.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Oprah had a show about breast cancer yesterday and they were throwing around ways of preventing breast cancer. Low fat diet and exercise - get mammos and MRIs if needed (dense breasts, history).
    Count your blessings!

MRD

I have been buying products with the pink ribbon on them, as they are donating a portion of the proceeds. LOTS of stuff now is pink, so it's very easy to find something like that to buy.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3210055;
    I have been buying products with the pink ribbon on them, as they are donating a portion of the proceeds. LOTS of stuff now is pink, so it's very easy to find something like that to buy.
    I know! My hairdryer is bright pink and they donated part of the sale to Breast Cancer Research. I thought it was funny, but I guess hairdryers are kind of girly.

MRD

Dove chocolates also has a bag out and the little quotes inside the wrappers are all inspirational messages from women who've had breast cancer.

I saved one that said: "you are stonger than you think".

I did justify buying a whole bag of Dove Chocolate because part of the proceeds go to Breast Cancer. Now I need to find a reason to justify eating the whole bag.

My sister in law refuses to have a mammogram and she's 53 years old. She says "they hurt". I told her, well so does cancer. But she won't listen. I have one every year and I dread it, but I do it anyway.

myrosiedog
    Chocolate is known to reduce stress and with all the stress you're under with your move and everything, it's completely medical and theraputic to eat that bag of candy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3210502;
    myrosiedog
    Chocolate is known to reduce stress and with all the stress you're under with your move and everything, it's completely medical and theraputic to eat that bag of candy.
    And the dark chocolate contains a fair amount antioxidants to promote heart health and fight cancer. Paired with the anthrocyanids and other antioxidants in red wine, the combination a medical and therapeutic powerhouse!

(Disclaimer: there's that whole moderation thing . . .)
    Last edited by Ellen; 10-02-2008 at 11:24 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Well I didn't eat the whole bag in one sitting.

But Lil' Bit, thanks, that makes me feel better. I used to go with my best friend to get Mammos. We'd schedule them the same day and time and then we'd go out to lunch and do a bit of shopping afterwards. That way, we had something to look forward too as well and we could hold each other accountable to having it done every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3211016;
    And the dark chocolate contains a fair amount antioxidants to promote heart health and fight cancer. Paired with the anthrocyanids and other antioxidants in red wine, the combination a medical and therapeutic powerhouse!

(Disclaimer: there's that whole moderation thing . . .)
    I've always believed that moderation should be taken in moderation.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast