+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Trick or Treat

Trick or Treat

how many trick or treaters do you usually get at your house??

The most we've had is 17 - because there are only 6 houses on our street and we are the only ones who have our lights on, besides that there are about 25 steps up to my house. It's sad really, I loooooove to see all the kids dressed up.

Also, have you ever turned a trick or treater away for some reason??

I had two 16 yr old boys show up at my door about 2 years ago.. no costumes just huge pillow cases - I gave them the phhft of disgust and told them they were too old and closed my door. Sheesh they could at least make an effort.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

We don't get many....neither do my in laws, right next door. I think it's because we live right next to a very wealthy subdivision and a golf course, and so the kiddos figure they will get more loot and candy with the richies
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    I had two 16 yr old boys show up at my door about 2 years ago.. no costumes just huge pillow cases - I gave them the phhft of disgust and told them they were too old and closed my door. Sheesh they could at least make an effort.
    We get a LOT because we live in a great neighborhood with young kids. We all decorate the houses and garages for the big night. This year is my turn to stay home and pass out the candy.

I never turn anybody away Dux, I usually will wrap up some small rocks in the colored tin foil and use those for the dreaded teens. That way you don't have to worry about being toilet papered later in the evening.
    My thoughts about this is if they can act juvenile, so can I.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    I got about a dozen or two a year, i buy about 5 bags of the mini candy bars and hand it out by the fist full to the little kids and one or two at a time to the older ones usually done by 8pm

None - I live in a condo with a security door, so no one can enter. I used to love living with my parents because I would dress up and hand out candy to the kids for them; they used to get at least 30 - 40 trick or treaters each year. They now live in an area where they don't get any trick or treaters either anymore. So needless to say, we're going out of town for Halloween!

ETA: Funnygirl, I love how you deal with teens! Great idea!

Angel boy
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    We get a LOT because we live in a great neighborhood with young kids. We all decorate the houses and garages for the big night. This year is my turn to stay home and pass out the candy.

I never turn anybody away Dux, I usually will wrap up some small rocks in the colored tin foil and use those for the dreaded teens. That way you don't have to worry about being toilet papered later in the evening.
    My thoughts about this is if they can act juvenile, so can I.
    That is an awesome idea!! We don't get very many, but I like to be prepared just in case. I always prepare for about 200 kids, therefore I JUST HAVE TO eat what's left over!!
    America- love it or leave it!

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Funnygirl

We get a lot as well...our neighborhood is dripping with children. Several of our neighbors and I hold a block party where we sit outside, eat some dinner and have a few drinks and let the kids play and we pass out the candy to the passerby's. The only time I ever remember not having children come by was post 9/11.....the streets were deserted.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Well we used to live in a condo, so we didn't get any, but this year we bought a town house and I know there's lots of kids in this area, so I expect there will be quite few trick or treaters, I won't be home anyway as I'm taking my little one out trick or treating anyway

I've lived in my townhouse for 7 years and I have yet to have a trick or treater. I'm not surprised because I live in the back unit farthest from the street. I always buy a bag of candy just in case though.

Last year we had 98, I try to keep track so I have enough the next year.

A couple years ago I had some teenegers come to my house, I gave them each a small cady bar and a sucker (what I was giving everyone) and the boy looked at me said "Dontcha got any pop?" A bit stunned I said no and closed the door.

I must say I had bought these cute little fire retardent bags that you put tealights in and lined my sidewalk with them. I kept a close eye on them and all was fine with the smaller children, imagine that shortly after the 'pop' boy left 2 of my bags went missing, I took a short walk down to the driveway couldnt see them and figured they were just gone. Next thing I knew my cousin showed up with her daughter and handed me back my bags. The devil spawns had not only taken them but also propped them up next to the garage in hopes they would burn Thankfully they didnt.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast