+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Trick or Treat

Quote Originally Posted by imajunkie2
    I have a beautiful 2 yr old thats driving me nuts right now, how much do you think it would cost to send her there??
    I know.......we'll get sad, and then we'll start thinking about having the house to ourselves again, and how we can get back into the mischief we used to do before little feet were always following us around!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Every year I buy candy and every year no one shows up, but if I didn't buy the candy I'd have a truckload of tricker treaters. I think this is because:
    1. both my kids are grown.
    2. I don't have any friends with young children and
    3. We live on a cul de sac and our home is the furtherest away from the street.

Unfortunately, Halloween is my hubby's favorite holiday, and every year he dresses up with fake blood and capes, turns on the fog machine in the shop and plays that scary music. I just hate to watch him from the window, shoulders drooping, waiting to jump out of the bushes when the lone trick or treater stumbles into the neighborhood. We usually have a party but I've been too busy this year.

I didn't hand out candy last year. I made sure my lights were off, my car parked down the street and a "do not disturb" sign on the door. Amazingly the neighborhood kids still knew I was home and were about to re-enact the storming of the Bastille if I didn't open up. I ended up handing out packs of gum and canned soup.

How many of you, as kids, would chant, "trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat" upon the ringing of the doorbell?

No one?

*scurries off to the "I'm a loser" thread*
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

at Speedy and Dinahann.

I live in an apartment and don't get trick-or-treaters. I wish I did, I love Halloween.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

We just bought our 3 industrial-sized Costco bags of candy. We don't bother to count the numbers. It is our goal to not run out of candy this year, but we'll see. I've got my fake blood dripping down the glass and my pumpkin carved...all is in readiness (cackle of laughter).
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

I usually turn out the lights and hide out in the family room watching tv. :phhht
    J/K I usually go through a couple bags of candy. Sam's Club big bags. I give large handfulls of it. Get them kids all sugar buzzed up. Heh, heh, heh.
    Here in Columbus they do it very strangely. Beggars night is Thursday night. It's always never done on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday and never on the actual Halloween day itself, usually the day before. The theory is that it makes it safer for the kids. IMO, I don't see how not going out on the actual Halloween night makes it any safer.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 10-26-2004 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    How many of you, as kids, would chant, "trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat" upon the ringing of the doorbell?

No one?

*scurries off to the "I'm a loser" thread*
    Ahhh, the good old days... My cousin and I always sang that when we trick or treated!
    I'll just go and join you in the "I'm a loser" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ineedalife
    *Warning* Thread Jack ("trick or treat" has me thinking of Halloween stuff to do)

Anyone know how to extend the life of a carved pumpkin? They end up being so gross after only a day.

Now, back to the topic.

ETA: Come on over Charlotte

I knew I kept this email Sunday for a reason!

From AOL Living Tips: Make Your Pumpkin
    Last Longer
    After you've turned your pumpkin into a jack-o'-lantern, rub all of the cut surfaces with petroleum jelly. It will help seal in the moisture and keep it from drying out and wrinkling.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

We used to have lots of kids but the last few years have had none. Our little neighborhood grocery goes all out. A father and son run the store. You should see it. They must spend a fortune every year. We always go over to see all the kids. (and to get our goodies) Everyone, young and old, get a bag. The bags have a soft drink, cookies, chips and gum. Sometimes they have stickers and other little toys. They have a horror room to go through if you want to. The kids all have to go so that they can scream and run out, scared. Every kid gets his picture made and can come back a day or two later and get it. The owners of the store always keep a picture too. I love this tradition. These two men are an asset to our community in many ways.

Wow, Muduh, do you live in Mayberry? What a wonderful thing for them to do.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread