+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: How I first found the FORT or the FORT found me:

How I first found the FORT or the FORT found me:

At the end of each episode of Amazing Race 3, CTV advertised it's Amazing Race Message Board at http://ctv1.ctv.ca/boards/amazingrace/.. I followed that message board closely while TAR3 was in season. Shortly after TAR3 ended, somebody on that message board posted one of the contestant's (JonVito&Jill's) web site. When I checked out an after-the-race interview on that web site, my browser was redirected to John's interview with JonVito and Jill at FORT. After reading the interview, I clicked on the FORT front page. I promptly registered as a member and I've been hooked ever since.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Excellent Bill!

We're glad you found your way here!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I was home from work one day, sick. I Googled Survivor to see if I could get some info on the shows & it took me to SirLinksaLot. After checking out every message board link there, I thought that Fans of Reality TV was the best one. Such nice & smart people there. And OMG, not a single pop up ad. Every other board had several pop ups & really slow page loads, what a turn off. It's a wonder anybody visits them. And I could have sworn the site had been around for years, as it was so well put together & had great discussions. Turns out, it had only been up for about a week. Just dumb luck on my part, I guess.

Bill, nice idea for a thread

I missed AR (can you believe it) one episode and CBS wasn't good enough for the recap, it was so boring. I went to yahoo to search for more articles and somehow ended at Sirlinksalot. The very first article I remember reading was Cali's AR recap. It was hilarious. I lurked for a few more weeks before joining.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

I watched Joe Millionaire on the premiere night, and I couldn't wait to get on the internet and find out more. I typed in Joe Millionaire and also came up with sirlinksalot. Have to say I'm so glad I did! I am spending a lot of time here now catching up on everything I missed. And the posters are really nice. Also I like the wide variety of topics.

By the way, I joined the first night! Can't wait for Amazing Race to start so I can see what I've been missing all this time.

i was wasting away at another site... bored silly. missing my old friends when one day after all my withering away, a lovely soul, eny, came and found me and dragged me out of my misery to the FORT... where i've been ever since!

ok, that's really what happened, but in a nutshell... i followed my friends here from another site where i'd found them while looking for people online to gab with over american idol.

LOVE it here!

I was reading an article on the "Manly Thoughts" site and he mentioned what a nice, smart group of people there were on the FORT board.

He was right!

I was at this Barry Manilow concert, and ever resourceful, John had someone take a picture of me... so now I have to follow his commands, or he will make that horrible picture public...

Or, perhaps the reason was that I found Paulie's PreCaps via sirlinksalot.net, and was hooked ever since. It is only recently that I was a Paulie fan before that, for I had read some of his previous work on Mole 2.

Great folks here, and they are just charitable enough to not ask me to leave... so I am keeping my fingers crossed...
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I actually found a lot of the current FORT-ites at another site. None of my friends or co-workers watched my ALL-time favorite reality tv show, Combat Missions , so I had to find someone to talk about this awesome show. I met some of the most wonderful people in the Combat Missions forum. You all know who you are!

When the show ended , I decided to stay on since, even though I wasn't a big fan of discussion forums at that time. When that board went bust, I was this close to leaving reality tv forums for good. But BravoFan came to my rescue. She led me to my current home, the FORT, where I met my old friends from the other board, and I've made new friends.

This place is truly awesome! I never expected a reality tv board to be this much fun. And we have some of the most creative writers, ever. I love reading the funny recaps, pre-caps, and all the other creative articles.

Yes, true.

Let's see how i find out about this website.

I was browsing about some information about AR3 and I stumbled upon Sirlinksalot and I saw that this site had done interviews with the contestants. I viewed all of them and decided to be a member. And the rest , they say is history....
    All good things come to an end.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast