+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Alternative Medicine

MRD

Re: Alternative Medicine

Has anyone tried the gin and raisen cure for arthritis. My husband has quite aq bit of it and I have seen several "recipes" that say to pour the gin over the golden raisens and let sit until the gin evaporates, then store in a jar.
    Do I not cover the bowl at first? Does this concoction at anytime have to be refrigerated?
    I'm worried about ants quite frankly. And if the raisens go bad. I'm guessing the alcohol preserves them?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD: I would just drink the gin, add some tonic and lime and forget about the raisins. I don't like to drink raisins.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2419412;
    MRD: I would just drink the gin, add some tonic and lime and forget about the raisins. I don't like to drink raisins.
    Ha! He's sitting on the patio with a gin and tonic right now! I don't care much for gin myself. Nor raisins. But he's having such a hard time with his arthritis and the Rx the dr. gave him isn't helping, so my aunt told me about this and I had heard of it in the past, so we thought we'd give it a try.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

I love my Neti Pot for my allergies and sinuses. There are many brands. I got mine at Walgreens. You look weird using it, but it works. Just remember to breathe through your mouth.

Neti Pot

I'm not sure how 'alternative' this is, but Mr. Rose and I swear by this stuff for arthritis, joint problems, and now all our friends are taking it too, with great results. Here's another site that explains what it is and how it works. Of course you don't get the buzz off it like when eating gin-soaked raisins. We get it at Costco, and I take three/day. I swear, it helps a lot.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

MRD

Great, wrote an answer and lost it.

Thanks, I've heard of this stuff so will go see if I can find it.

I don't think I would like putting gin soaked raisins on my morning breakfast cereral with MILK like some have suggested on the sites where I found the gin cure recipe.

Many are saying that the raisins have more to do with the pain relief as they are full of good things. Maybe the gin is the incentive to eat the raisins?

He's got to do something. He's got so much arthritis in his neck/back/ankles/knees/hips from being a paratrooper and all the landings he made. And he's got it in his elbow from an injury in the army.

Rosie, I've read that massaging castor oil into the affected area can help with the pain, too.
    Here's a Q&A with Dr. Gott (I like him):

Castiva may offer arthritis pain relief - Lifestyle
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I'm going to recommend the Q-Ray bracelet again, rosiedog.
    Count your blessings!

lei
    FORT Fogey

Thanks to everyone for sharing their stories. And wishes for good healing to you all.

I've had a number of health challenges that needed mainstream as well as alternative approaches. The things that were most profoundly addressed with alternative approaches:

- Constant yeast infections for five years, went to several gynecologists who denied it could be systemic, finally got diagnosed systemic by a chiropractor (of all things), and treated (chelated) for heavy metal toxicity with DMSA by a naturapathically-inclined MD, and all yeast ceased forever.

- Arthritis and bursitis nearly eliminated by supplements (magnesium with other minerals and B vitamins) via IV (when other forms didn't work), high dosages of omega-3s, and yoga. Massage and adjustments help but with those other things I don't need them much.

Other unusual treatments and practices have helped my overall well-being throughout the years, too. I'm saddened by how the AMA and pharmaceutical companies are not after our best interest often enough.

Aloha.

Adam Dreamhealer

Has anyone else heard of Adam Dreamhealer? He has several books and a DVD out now. I know that people either think he is on to something or not at all.

The reason I'm asking it because he is scheduled to have a couple of workshops here in Edmonton and Calgary next year. I saw him on The Hour last night and have heard about him from my sister as he has been on other talk shows.

His site it: Adam Dreamhealer -http://www.dreamhealer.com/index.php

Has anyone gone to his workshop or know of someone who has attended? His energy work seems to be quite similar to that of Reiki and Therapeutic Touch.

Just asking,....
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread