+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Alternative Medicine

I'm sorry to hear you're FM is acting up so badly. If I had any other suggestions than what you're already doing, trust me I'd certainly pass it on. Especially if it were free or inexpensive. I find using a hair dryer on high heat helps me warm up quickly. Particularly my feet and feels good on my hands and wrists if they're especially sore. I'm not sure why that helps. Maybe just psychological because of the noise and distracting heat. Get lots of rest for the fatigue. Pushing yourself won't help. My experience anyway.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD
    Trust me, I have been taking it easy. I slept most of yesterday and slept all night last night, so I know that was good and I didn't do much today.

I am fortunate enough to have the most wonderful device in the world. I would kiss the inventor. It is a mattress pad that heats. It's duel controlled, so I can crank up my side to 10 and roast like I'm a turkey while hubby can turn his off or on low. That is perfect for warming me up. Or I will take a hot, hot shower as that seems to also loosen up the tight muscles.

I just am so impatient. I was feeling so much better from my FM for almost 6 months without a flare up and then the surgery and all that entailed and finally started feeling better from that and WHAM, a FM flareup.

I thought by now, I'd be feeling a lot better. It's been 4 weeks since the surgery.

I just have so much I need to do, but can't do it, so I guess I need to just lower my expectations. Especially since I've called several friends this week to ask for a little help or a ride and none of them can do it. So it won't get done or child and husband will have to do more than they are already doing.
    That is why I'm not doing a huge birthday party for child. She planned it, she's doing most of it, even baking her own cake. But I said I'd decorate it.

I had to cancel a majorly important dr. appt for post op appt. because the friend that said she'd drive me, forgot and made other plans. Hubby couldn't take off on such short notice (the doctor is 2 hours from here). So I went to my reg. doctor today instead which isn't as good, but at least it was something.

I'm just really upset with a couple of friends because I have been there for them everytime (even moved them to new houses) they asked and now that I've had to ask (which I hate doing anyway), they can't help out. It's very frustrating. I finally just went against dr. advice and started driving today as I can't take waiting around for someone to take me anywhere.

OK, had my pity party. I'm over it now.

I just want to feel better and not have SuperNose. I can smell peanut butter from a room away, I can tell if someone next door is smoking. I cleaned out the freezer and refrigerator with bleach on Sat. because I thought it smelled bad. I got rid of all old food and still I can smell something although my family says I'm crazy. It's making it really hard for me to eat as the smells are just nauseating.

I wonder if they have a super hero costume for SuperNose?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I wonder if you super sense of smell (SSS) was generated from the use of anaesthetic from your surgery? After I had my appendix out last year, I realized immediately that everything TASTED amazingly great.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    I wonder if you super sense of smell (SSS) was generated from the use of anaesthetic from your surgery? After I had my appendix out last year, I realized immediately that everything TASTED amazingly great.
    I'd go for amazingly great! But nothing tastes good either. I just spent 30 min. wandering the grocery store trying to find something/anything that I could eat that didn't turn my stomach. I finally had to leave because the smell of the store was making me nauseous.

It seems that my heightened smell is only for bad stuff.

I read on a FM site that heightened smell, taste and tolerance for heat/cold can be affected by FM and the surgery and really set off a FM flareup.

It does seem to be getting better, but not quickly enough for me. It's a challenge to find something I can eat.

I'm sorry you have to deal with that rosie. Wish I could help.

Has anyone tried Hoodia? I have been taking it for about 2 months and have lost 8 of the 15 pounds I wanted too lose. My mom has been taking it also but hasn't lost any weight. On the flip side too that... she hasn't gained any weight since taking either.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Hoodia? No, I've never heard of it. What is it?

Myrosiedog and misskitty....Fibromyalgia ouch! Been suffering from it for over 15 yrs myself. I've found my memory hasn't been as sharp as it was before FMS. For some reason, I keep mine under control with just an anti-inflammatory, but if I over work, it takes days to recuperate.

My dad suffered from it too, but no one knew what it was back then. For years they thought he had Rumatoid arthritis

Hoodia is a cactus like plant found in Southern Africa. It is used to suppress your appetite. No side affects have been found. It has been reported that it has been used by the people of Southern Africa for years when they needed to go long distances in the desert, too keep them from getting hunger pains while traveling. I am very pleased that I have lost some of the weight that has refused too come off before the Hoodia. I was wondering if anyone else has used it and had any luck.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Melitta: I've heard the same thing about Hoodia but I've never tried it. I can understand it would work by alleviating the feeling of being hungry. But what if you eat or nibble just out of stress or boredom? An appetite supressant probably wouldn't fix that.

Vonna: yeah, FM is a real pain. And I'm sick and tired of having CFS. And this clinical depression is really getting me down. Just gotta laugh. And have a drinky-poo now and then. And kiss my kitties
    Last edited by misskitty; 09-23-2006 at 03:30 AM.

MRD

Fibromyalgia support group

I've started a separate support group for FORT fibromyalgia sufferers.

PM me for the info.

+ Reply to Thread