+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Alternative Medicine

Melitta: Sounds like you're a walking picture of health! Good for you. Does the Kelp really help your nails? Mine have never been strong. They chip and split and crack no matter what vitamins I take. I've never tried Kept though. Do you think I should give it a try?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Melitta: Sounds like you're a walking picture of health! Good for you. Does the Kelp really help your nails? Mine have never been strong. They chip and split and crack no matter what vitamins I take. I've never tried Kept though. Do you think I should give it a try?
    I don't think it would hurt to try them. I had originally started Kelp pills because they are suppose to help with overall digestion. While they did help with that somewhat, the big bonus was my hair and nails started to really grow. My MIL even asked me one day, "Are those your real nails?" Everyone assumes they are fake. My mom started the Kelp at the same time and I asked her if she was having to cut her nails more. She said she couldn't believe how fast her nails were growing. My mom has always had healthy, pretty and long nails, but she never had to keep up with cutting them like she does now. I even asked my doctor about Kelp and he was all for it. Said it is very good for the body. If you try them let me know if they work the same for you also.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Melitta: I bought some Kelp pills yesterday. I'll see what happens. I'm also back on a multi-vitamin and my liquid iron. It plummeted again.

I didn't realize this thread existed. Looks like I need to get around more.

My partner is a licensed naturopathic physician. He specializes in homeopathy and acupuncture, but he actually has full access to a wide range of modalities, including, but not limited to botanical medicine, drug therapy (if he wanted to prescribe drugs, that is), physical manipulations, even minor surgery. He works primarily with HIV-positive patients, and he has seen amazing progress with cases written of as lost causes. In general, his strongsuit is with hard-to-treat chronic diseases.

His biggest challenge comes from a highly-financed cabal of medical organizations, including but not limited to pharmaceutical companies, the AMA and NEJM, who feel threatened by the rise of non-conventional medicine. These organizations promote bad studies that claim to discredit non-conventional treatments, and they often have well-placed sympathizers within the media who misreport findings.

I don't have anything specifically to add to the discussion of kelp pills or acupuncture, but I'm going to keep an eye on this thread and would love to answer any questions or concerns.

PS This is my 1000th post! Not quite a milestone to those with 5-10K posts, or the posting average of 10 posts a day, but way cool to me.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Quote Originally Posted by corprip View Post
    My partner is a licensed naturopathic physician. He specializes in homeopathy and acupuncture, but he actually has full access to a wide range of modalities,...I'm going to keep an eye on this thread and would love to answer any questions or concerns.

PS This is my 1000th post! Not quite a milestone to those with 5-10K posts, or the posting average of 10 posts a day, but way cool to me.
    corprip. I'm glad you dropped in for a looky-loo. CONGRATULATIONS on your 1000th post! I just passed mine too!

I'll take you up on your offer. Do you or your partner know of anything that works for fibromyalgia? My MD of TCM has indicated they don't have a definite organ or meridian that can be corrected for this yet. Any news? That and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome would be helpful.

I'll definitely ask him when he gets home later. I know he's treating someone with both concerns. His first approach is always finding a homeopathic remedy, to sort of "reset" the patient. But there may be some supplements you can find, too. I'll get back to you, either via PM or here.

PS Thanks for the congrats.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

MRD
    corprip. I'm glad you dropped in for a looky-loo. CONGRATULATIONS on your 1000th post! I just passed mine too!

I'll take you up on your offer. Do you or your partner know of anything that works for fibromyalgia? My MD of TCM has indicated they don't have a definite organ or meridian that can be corrected for this yet. Any news? That and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome would be helpful.
    I posted a while ago that I take a supplement for my fibromyalgia called:
    UltraInflamX. It's a powder you make into a shake. It has made a HUGE difference in my fibromyalgia symptoms. It took it about a month for me to really see the effects and I have felt tons better since taking it. My MD of TCM is the one that reccomended it to me for the fibro and the CFS.

Plus you need to make sure that you get plenty of rest. Fibro and CFS need frequent rest breaks during the day and a full 8 hours sleep at night as the lack of sleep makes the symptoms worse.

Getting on good vitamins helps too as well as eating right. My MD of TCM reccomended a diet with no dairy, wheat or gluten, no soy, no sugar.
    I discovered rice milk and love it and that's what I mix my UltrainflamX with.
    I also use it on puffed rice cereal with fruit.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I posted a while ago that I take a supplement for my fibromyalgia called:UltraInflamX... get plenty of rest...Getting on good vitamins...a diet with no dairy, wheat or gluten, no soy, no sugar.
    Thanks myroseidog. I remember.

My sweetie and I looked for it in two cities here and I don't think we get it in Canada. Trust me, I get lots of rest. And am have my PhD in napping. I've cut down on sugar, don't eat much bread, and have to have dairy for my bones. They're ok now but I've had 3 bone densitys in the last several years because my inactivity made them weak. I'm on a multi-vitamin and other things as well. I guess I'm just sick and tired of being sick and tired. But thank you for thinking of me.

BTW, Congrats on YOUR 1,000th post too!

MRD
    Thanks myroseidog. I remember.

My sweetie and I looked for it in two cities here and I don't think we get it in Canada. Trust me, I get lots of rest. And am have my PhD in napping. I've cut down on sugar, don't eat much bread, and have to have dairy for my bones. They're ok now but I've had 3 bone densitys in the last several years because my inactivity made them weak. I'm on a multi-vitamin and other things as well. I guess I'm just sick and tired of being sick and tired. But thank you for thinking of me.

BTW, Congrats on YOUR 1,000th post too!
    Wow, I never noticed I hit 1000. I have looked for the UltraInflamX on the web and found it. Maybe you could order it online. I drink calcium fortified rice milk and I take calcium supplements. Milk does not have to be the only source of calcium. Plenty of people are intolerant of milk. I know I am, so I get my calcium elsewhere.

MRD
    My fibromyalgia is kicking my butt! I went to the dr. today and he says that surgery can really cause a bad fibro flare up and that is what I am going through. It really hit me this weekend, but it was mostly yesterday that I figured out what was going on.
    My sense of smell has gone off the charts. Smells are bothering me so much now I can barely eat. I smell stuff that no one else is smelling. My nose has never been this sensitive and my cold sensitivity has gotten worse too. Here it is 80 degrees today and I have on flannel pj's socks and am wrapped in a blanket.
    The fatigue is horrible and the pain is some of the worst I've had. I can barely drag myself out of bed.

I just had my anti-depressant medication changed just before surgery and today had it changed back to what I was taking as the new stuff isn't working. The dr. said that that could also be affecting the fibro. My normal treatment of nutrional shakes are doing anything for me right now.

I just need to get back on my feet. Anyone have any suggestions? I can't afford accupuncture right now or massage. My surgery, my husband's job change, daughter's birthday and the dryer dying have us maxed out for the next couple of weeks.

+ Reply to Thread