+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternative Medicine

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar
    You are wellcome! Keep us posted - love to know how you are doing!

QueenB I go once every two weeks now, but in the beginning I went more often. I'll get down to once/month and less once somethings are in place. I would definitely suggest going to a chiropractor for your shoulder problems.

myrosiedog I spoke to my MD,TCM about fibromyalgia as I has it as well. However, she said they do not have that figured out yet as to what organ/meridian is directly affected. Nonetheless, accupuncture sure relaxes me. I read that fibromyalgia is an incorrect response from the brain towards pain. People who have it register severe or moderate pain where there shouldn't be in the body. Our pain guage is on the fritz in a manner of speaking. No cure at this time, other than pain relievers, hot packs, rest and such. I wish they'd figure this one out soon too!

Good luck everyone!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I also have fibromyalgia. The best thing I learned way before anyone had a name for this stuff - is to stretch! Three times a day - Lots of stretching!
    I also have neuropathy - use acupuncture twice a week for that.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    [b]

myrosiedog I spoke to my MD,TCM about fibromyalgia as I has it as well. However, she said they do not have that figured out yet as to what organ/meridian is directly affected. Nonetheless, accupuncture sure relaxes me. I read that fibromyalgia is an incorrect response from the brain towards pain. People who have it register severe or moderate pain where there shouldn't be in the body. Our pain guage is on the fritz in a manner of speaking. No cure at this time, other than pain relievers, hot packs, rest and such. I wish they'd figure this one out soon too!

Good luck everyone!
    I've done a lot of research on it and the main thing you can do is get plenty of rest and sleep. Not enough of either makes the pain worse.

I also take a great supplement my MD TCM reccomende and while I take it, my pain recedes. But I've gotten off of it and it comes back, so I know its working. It's also cleared up the IBS.
    It's called UltraInflamX and its a shake you make. It also suggests getting off soy products, milk, dairy, wheat and gluten products to help with the pain.

Mimzy: I do stretches. They also suggest any light exercise, especially walking or swimming. Not overdo it, but do it every day.

Having it really sucks sometimes, but you can live with it and it seems that eating healthier and excercising, getting enough rest really helps.

I know others that have benefitted from massage and accupuncture, but like I said, I con't do accupuncture and right now my ins. doesn't pay for massage therapy, so I only get those very occasionally.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

ANy suggestions for persistant UTI?

I have lived almost 44 years with chronic UTI's. Have been to several urologists who have tested, poked and prodded and come up with the scientific conclusion that I am just one of those "UNlucky" females prone to these.

Well I've been battling one on and off since Nov. I have been on 3 different antibiotics and as soon as I go off the medication, within a week, its back.

I am at my wits end. I need a new dr. so have been hesitant to get involved with a new one but may have too.

I drink GALLONS of fluid including cranberry juice. Avoid things like OJ which is high in acid. I do all the things you are supposed to do: white cotton underwear, no immersion baths, etc.

I just want to get rid of this thing, its driving me crazy!

Anyone know of any alternate methods I can try????

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I also take a great supplement my MD TCM reccomende and while I take it, my pain recedes. But I've gotten off of it and it comes back, so I know its working. It's also cleared up the IBS.
    It's called UltraInflamX and its a shake you make. It also suggests getting off soy products, milk, dairy, wheat and gluten products to help with the pain.
    Thanx myrosiedog I'll look for the shake stuff. Hadn't heard of it. No milk? Ice Cream? Chocolate? I can't deal with that. But, truthfully, I'm sure that sugar doesn't help either.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Thanx myrosiedog I'll look for the shake stuff. Hadn't heard of it. No milk? Ice Cream? Chocolate? I can't deal with that. But, truthfully, I'm sure that sugar doesn't help either.
    I drink rice milk now which is amazingly quite good and the Rice Dream ice cream is very good. I've served it to people who did not know it wasn't "real" ice cream.

I use the rice milk to make my shakes and the shakes come in a variety of flavors including chocolate!

As someone with a compromised immune system - I know what you are going through. This also is wonders with Yeast Infections. Homeopathic medicine - Calcarer Carb. also appears as CAL. CARB. With the first twinge of these problems start taking five under the tongue, five over the tongue. Let dissolve slowly, drink water, and repeat till symptoms leave. If starting while already having trouble, take five over/under every ten minutes for one hour, then every half hour, then one an hour till gone. Also get some Mega Dophilus [non dairy] a form of Acidophilius. Keep refrigerated, mix with water. Take three times daily. Those antibiotics are killing everything - even the good. Hope this helps you! Have you tryed Breeze? It is almond based and much better then rice milk.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimzy View Post
    As someone with a compromised immune system - I know what you are going through. This also is wonders with Yeast Infections. Homeopathic medicine - Calcarer Carb. also appears as CAL. CARB. With the first twinge of these problems start taking five under the tongue, five over the tongue. Let dissolve slowly, drink water, and repeat till symptoms leave. If starting while already having trouble, take five over/under every ten minutes for one hour, then every half hour, then one an hour till gone. Also get some Mega Dophilus [non dairy] a form of Acidophilius. Keep refrigerated, mix with water. Take three times daily. Those antibiotics are killing everything - even the good. Hope this helps you! Have you tryed Breeze? It is almond based and much better then rice milk.
    Thanks, I will go look for it tomorrow.

I thought I would LOVE Almond milk as almonds are my favorite nut. But I didn't. I liked the rice milk better.

Thanks for the advice. I need relief, tired of feeling like I am peeing barbed wire.

Myrosiedog, I also had problems with chronic UTI and yeast as well for ages, and started taking two Acidopholus caps three times a day...haven't had either one in about two years. I was able to cut back to one cap three times a day when I finally got rid of the infections for a couple of months in a row. I get the cheap kind from Wal-Mart, Spring Valley, Rexall, or whatever is the best deal. Seems to work just fine to me!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread