+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: Alternative Medicine

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Alternative Medicine

Here's a little bit on men and hot flashes! Women have menopause; guys can have andropause! So "HaHa", fellas!

Go Ask Alice!: Men's hot flashes: Andropause?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3224681;
    Is swimming an option? I loved to have my hot flashes in the pool - instant relief from the water. I tried the apple cider vinegar and it really upset my stomach, so be careful.
    Unfortunately, swimming isn't really an option for me. For one, the frequency with which I am having the flashes currently would mean being in the water constantly throughout the day. Also, I would just have to sit there if I could be in the water, because I do not know how to swim properly.

I got some apple cider vinegar yesterday and immediately took a tablespoonful - yech, yech, and more yech!!! Took another dose this morning, it is pretty nasty. Prhoshay, what is it you said you mix it with? And how long does it take to affect the flashes?
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I mixed it in with my iced tea, flavored with sweetener and lemon. It made the apple flavor come out, and I happen to like apples quite a bit! It took 1-2 weeks for me to start noticing an effect. You do have to take it everyday. I never did take it straight, like a friend of mine did. It is an acquired taste when you find out how your taste buds like it best and, since I kept iced tea made 24/7, that is what worked for me. Try to hang in there, girl! Try to find your way! It is well worth it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3224526;
    I read, a little while ago, that men ALSO have hot flashes!!!
    My DH gets them from the timed-release niacin he takes for cholesterol control.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Soy is also supposed to be good for menopausal symptoms and alcohol can also bring them on.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread