+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Alternative Medicine

MRD

Re: Alternative Medicine

Delsym cough suppressant. Works GREAT. No coughing at night at all. I've been using it for years based on my pharmacists reccomendation.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Okay, since this thread is back up, I have a question. I am starting the delightful process of menopause (whoo hoo!), which honestly isn't too bad with the exception of the chronic bad mood (I'm having a great deal of difficulty not letting my real opinions be known at work, which could lead to some serious trouble). I have been doing some preliminary research into herbal supplements that would be appropriate but am not having much luck. I've discounted black cohosh since it appears to have been linked to an increased susceptibility to cancer, and the various other herbs that are commonly used haven't been shown to have much efficacy. I'm taking St. John's Wort, which is a mood leveller that I've been taking for years as an alternative to Zoloft, but I need something extra right now before, as I mentioned, I offer my actual opinion about things to people who have some authority over the path my life takes.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Rattus, I'll find out from my aunt what herbs to take because she's been taking herbs for a few years now and says her symptoms are amazingly small compared to most women her age. I'll let you know.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3207330;
    Delsym cough suppressant. Works GREAT. No coughing at night at all. I've been using it for years based on my pharmacists reccomendation.
    Thanks mrd. I'll get some on my way home from work. I just want one night of sleep, just one!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I totally believe in Delsym. I keep some on hand at all times. It is a little costly, but it does get the job done. It seems to be one of the few products that actually contains the cough suppressant dextromethorphan (or however you spell it).
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD and prhoshay!!! I slept almost 6 full hours last night after buying Delsym!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Great! It's not alternative medicine, but it is a highly effective product.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3207331;
    . . . I am starting the delightful process of menopause (whoo hoo!), which honestly isn't too bad with the exception of the chronic bad mood . . . I need something extra right now before, as I mentioned, I offer my actual opinion about things to people who have some authority over the path my life takes.
    I thought one of the benefits of mentalpause menopause is that we DO get to tell the idiots of the world what we really think -- and get away with it. (Oops -- must be "The Change" speaking . . .)

A glass of wine works well for me. But not at work. Yet.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I discovered the wonder of Arnica gel when I was all bruised up from the car accident earlier this year. It's a topical that did wonders for the pain and muscle soreness that I had afterward. I did learn that it worked better if I put on a gooey (wet and shiny) layer and let it air dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3209065;
    I thought one of the benefits of mentalpause menopause is that we DO get to tell the idiots of the world what we really think -- and get away with it. (Oops -- must be "The Change" speaking . . .)

A glass of wine works well for me. But not at work. Yet.
    Unfortunately, it's work where I want to give my opinion most. I did have an enormous raging blow-up at a friend of my husband a few weeks ago when he was belittling my choice of reading material, and that did feel great. What was even better is that when he came over the following week he apologized for being condescending, and now when he starts in with his snotty nonsense, I can just frown and he apologizes again. That really is one joy of menopause .

Okay, so tonight I try the wine instead of the gin.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread