+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Alternative Medicine

Re: Alternative Medicine

Thanks mods for posting this in a better place!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Save your money. From what I read from his own website, he's just promoting another New Age pseudoscience.

I saw this advertised in a magazine and wondered if anyone had even heard of it. It's the Oxygenating and Hyrdating STIRWAND (TM).

It claims to increase your blood oxygen and saturate your cells with dyration naturally. It is sold in Canada by a company called Rocky Mountian Environmental Water Systems. It's also distributed in USA, Europe, Australia, Malaysia/Singapore.

They are available in 7 different colors which are to enhance 7 different things:
    Attachment 24034

OLYMPIAN STIRWAND™
    Turquoise =For optimizing athletic performance. Hydrating and oxygenating. Day time.

ZEN MASTER STIRWAND™
    Purple=For relaxation, meditation and the calming bath. Just drop in bath water when filling and leave in until the end of your bath. Hydrating and oxygenating. After hours.

WARM HEART STIRWAND™
    Rose =For opening the heart charka. Hydrating and oxygenating. Day time.

GUARDIAN STIRWAND™
    Orange=For stabilizing, grounding and strengthening. Hydrating and oxygenating. Day time.

ILLUMINATOR STIRWAND™
    Yellow =For stimulating mental clarity and inspiration. Hydrating and oxygenating. Day Time.

GARDENER STIRWAND™
    Amber =For enhancing the vitality of house plants, fresh fruits, vegetables and garden plants.

GOURMET STIRWAND™
    Clear =For releasing hidden flavors from food and beverages. Not recommended for beer. Simply put in, under or on top of food or beverage selection for 10 to 30 seconds.

I dont' understand it. And for $60 each, I don't think I'll get it unless someone can testify that they feel better using it.

STIRWAND - QUANTUM AGE DRINKING WATER WAND - HOME PAGE AND FREE...
    To view clinical trials go to: http://www.quantunagewater.com.
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-12-2008 at 06:21 PM.

That is one funny web page
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2927003;
    That is one funny web page
    Aw, come'on Newf. Don't you just wanna try one?? What color would you pick?

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2926981;
    I saw this advertised in a magazine and wondered if anyone had even heard of it. It's the Oxygenating and Hyrdating STIRWAND (TM).

Brought to you by :

Seriously, read this article.

"Ionized" and alkaline water: snake oil on tap

MRD

Miss Kitty, I am so leary of certain things I see advertised, but then again, there are some great alternative medicines that do work. So what do you believe? It's hard? And it seems that no one regulates this stuff, so all the kooks out there can make outrageous claims about their products even if they don't work. It's hard to wade through the quagmire looking for the products that do work. Good luck.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2928458;
    Aw, come'on Newf. Don't you just wanna try one?? What color would you pick?
    Does it come in Scarlet and Gray?

From the web site:
    Stirwands are simple constructions of granulated rock, encapsulated within fountain pen sized enclosures of medical grade polycarbonate plastic. Their primary function is to increase the hydration potential of water. Convention will debate this, as inert objects traditionally do not produce substantial results in water. In this case however, a quantum phenomenon trumps a Newtonian fundamental; Stirwands effects are varied, significant and thought provoking.
    Here's a helpful hint--if the web page mentions quantum physics, it is almost certainly bogus. It seems to be a standard quack invocation that sounds really, really smart. After all, who among us understands quantum physics? We just know that it's real egghead science. As an aside, I've never studied quantum physics, but my college transcripts do include three quarters of classical physics. I don't recall Newton's Law of Plastic Swizzle Sticks

Another hint on the cited web page that should set off your BS detector is that it talks about the consciousness of the swizzle-stick minerals:
    These various manifestations of matter exist because their individual consciousness identify with different points within the matrix, those specifically which they consider to be real. If an individual consciousness of matter were to change its point of focus, its outward manifestation would change as well. Consciousness precedes form, and by this process, our reality is manifest via concentrations of consciousness contained within a matrix of potential. . . . In parallel co-existence with the aforementioned matrix, is another completely separate matrix, which is a simultaneous realty potential. This can be referred to as the "High Matrix" because matter is remarkably transformed when its consciousness migrates to a point within the High Matrix lattice. Through this method, the minerals of the Stirwands have elevated themselves and consequently exhibit their exceptional qualities. Various tests can be performed to verify this and a few of the more basic ones are mentioned below.
    So not only are the minerals conscious, they are also capable of making choices, shape-shifting, AND capable of creating alternate realities for themselves
    Use the Stirwand for great tasting, super-hydrating, energized water for you and your family. . . . Great for all of your pets' water and watering livestock and for farm and agricultural applications.One need only stir water for about 15 seconds per glass and the job is complete. . . .
    Livestock? I can't imagine Farmer Jones going out with his swizzle stick and roiling the waters of his stock tank. The smallest ones are about 50 gallons, so at "15 seconds per glass," that works out to roughly 2-1/2 hours of stirring, assuming a 10-ounce glass. God only knows how one would treat a stock pond.
    Last edited by Newfherder; 04-18-2008 at 10:54 AM.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Ok. So I know I get excited about interesting objects d'health, but I did think the Stirwand was a bit of a fancy swizzle stick too!

But then sometimes, I think I'm just stoopid, because when they throw around quantum physics, and matrix manifications and such, I just don't understand. It looks so simple, and yet sounds so complicated, that it must be good for something, right? And yes, the stirring of huge vats of water for livestock did seem quite impossible. But I was thinking of just stirring my kitty bowls of water so they would get extra energy and the benefit of the watchamacallit minerals.

I'm just so darn gullible. Why are these people allowed to place ads for such items where their claims are just claims?

I always end up thinking, wouldn't it just be marvelous if what the Stirwand actually worked? It would help so many people. I'm so disappointed.

But then sometimes, I think I'm just stoopid, because when they throw around quantum physics, and matrix manifications and such, I just don't understand. It looks so simple, and yet sounds so complicated, that it must be good for something, right?
    Don't beat yourself up NOBODY can make sense of that nonsense.

When you see something like this, give it a good, honest "smell" test. Does it smell fishy? Does it invoke highly abstract concepts like quantum physics, string theory, mineral matrix consciousness to explain rocks encased in plastic? Does it call upon lost, ancient knowledge from Atlantis (or Egypt, or the Mayans, or . . .)? If there are numbers that you can check, do they work? (For example, homeopathic remedies are so dilute that the probability that it contains even one atom of the "healing" substance is for all intents and purposes, ZERO. Homeopaths try to get around it by claiming that the water remembers what was in it. Why does it not remember the fish pee and rotting carcasses that it has been in contact with over the last umpteen millenia??)

Make good use of websites like The Skeptic's Dictionary and Quackwatch
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread