+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Help With Good Gift Ideas

Need Help With Good Gift Ideas

Hey all! Me and my hubby's 1st anniversary is November 29th.. boy o boy, did that year fly! Anyway, I was going to get him a nice watch for a gift because he lost his favorite one about a month ago.. it was such a relief to know I had a perfect gift idea in mind that he would love.....and then the dang thing showed up in our companies (we both work at the same place) Lost & Found in the newsletter.. so now I am back to square one and I'm not sure what to get him.. I got him a wallet and cologne and dvds and a toy for his desk at xmas last yr so it has to be something different.. he is 35, loves car shows like Monster Garage, and is a big car guy himself.. he restores them and is a welder.. he isn't into any sports (how lucky am I, huh ladies?) he does like most music though and movies...so I'd like to open this thread up to good gift ideas.......
    anyone have a great gift idea for a man that hasn't been mentioned here?

First Anniversary is paper.. a treasured sports card maybe?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Angel boy
    Congratulations on making it through your first year of marriage!!! As for gift ideas, let me think. I like Duxxy's idea for the card. I can't remember what I gave my hubby for our first anniversary. I do remember he was nauseated because I forced him to eat freezer burnt cake from our wedding.

Let us know what you decide.
    America- love it or leave it!

We don't give anniversary gifts, our anniversary is May 9th- very close to mother's day. We exchange sappy cards and he buys me flowers but I was very upfront and told him that I only expect gifts for my birthday, Christmas and Mother's day. This year he is getting me a tattoo for my bday in a few weeks unusual I guess.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Like Duxxy said, first anniversary is Paper - maybe tickets to a NASCAR event??? (and you go with him, sharing his obsession a little)
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Where are you located Madison? The reason I ask is because there are places where you can go and he can actually drive a real race car.

Or...you can buy him The Cars Greatest Hits CD?

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Perhaps a book about restoring cars or a subscription to one of those car magazines? It's paper. But I would assume he would have to like to read
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Funnygirl - That is a great idea. (I've looked into it though (for myself, too ) - can be kinda pricey)

Congratulations on your 1st anniversary, Madison
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    Like Duxxy said, first anniversary is Paper - maybe tickets to a NASCAR event??? (and you go with him, sharing his obsession a little)
    Ohh, this is a really good idea.

Congratulations, Madison!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Congratulations on your anniversary Madison. I also just celebrated my first anniversary in the beginning of the month.

All of these ideas are great. My husband isn't into sports either (thank God). I ended up getting him a really dressy watch. He has his favorite watch, but I saw him looking at this one. He loved it. Now, he has a choice on which watch he is going to wear.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast